Thread: Newbie(ish) Best pellet for FAS6004?

Newbie(ish) Best pellet for FAS6004?

Morning all!

Returned to the fold after a 4+ year absence from shooting of any kind, been out and treated myself to a FAS6004, and having got it all the way home (60 mile drive) discovered it doesn't have enough oomph to push a Bisley Practice pellet out unless it is seated down into rifling using a Bic biro lid, and even then the pellet is visible in flight!

Purchased because I want the convenience of a single stroke pneumatic that can easily be carried in a cycle pannier complete with everything else I might need for 10m pistol, and because I can't afford to replace the LP10E I sold 4 odd years ago

After discovering I had been sold a lemon I then found all the horror stories online (this forum and elsewhere) about the quality of the FAS6004 in comparison to the old model - will have to wait for the replacement to arrive and thoroughly inspect and test

Anyone out there got a FAS6004 and can recommend a pellet known to work well? I'll also need to buy a pellet seater so that if that is a longterm solution to curing the (apparent) misfire issue at least it will be consistent, again, any recommendations welcome, the breach area is so tight for space I have no idea if there is an 'off the peg' seater out there

Thanks

I had one of thease and had no problems with it. They are quite capable of pushing any pellet out of the barrel. If yours doesn't then it is faulty and you should take it back.
    Most of the horror stories are a few owners with early models. the majority of them work fine.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Honestly hope the one I got was a lemon and that its replacement will be fine - have used a Gamo Compact before and while there isn't a massive difference between the two I prefer the trigger on the FAS, and it sits slightly lower in the hand - barrel and line of sight is only a bit closer to my natural line of arm/wrist/hand/target, but enough that it points more naturally

Other consideration was going to make or modify a match grip to fit a Weihrauch HW45.. should be enough out there modelled on the size/shape of the Colt .45 grip, sights are good, trigger is very good, and its all made by Weihrauch

The Fas is a much better pistol than the Hw 45 as it isn’t trying to look like a colt 1911. The low bore line is important to accuracy.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I've got one and it isn't the highest powered thing in the world, but is absolultely laser accurate.

Resting on a bag I can put pellet after pellet through a 0.177 sized hole at 10yds.

Without the bag, completely different kettle of fish

Mine got tuned by the previous owner with most of the mods found at this link.

I tried out a few pellets and seemed to get on best with RWS R10 Match. Probably get about 390fps out of it.

Thanks rmwesley

Enough in that tuning guide to fill a few evenings, and apart from removing the barrel there is little in there that could possibly harm it long term

The replacement pistol has had its first outing at a club very (very!) close to your given location in Camberley - very pleased with it, and by the end of the evening was calling all the shots that didn't make it into the black

Got some pellet sizers of different bores on order and a few thousand pellets on the way too, got to be cheaper long term than paying out for RWS Pistol Match

Quote Originally Posted by rmwesley View Post
    I've got one and it isn't the highest powered thing in the world, but is absolultely laser accurate.

Resting on a bag I can put pellet after pellet through a 0.177 sized hole at 10yds.

Without the bag, completely different kettle of fish

Mine got tuned by the previous owner with most of the mods found at this link.

I tried out a few pellets and seemed to get on best with RWS R10 Match. Probably get about 390fps out of it.

R10 and the way

I use RWS R10 for practice and competition. I normally go through ten cards at the club on a Sunday morning, so that's 100 pellets.
    Total cost - £1.78 - for high quality pellets that perform well and instill that all important confidence.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Fair point - broken down like that the difference between premium pellets and budget pellets is minimal, but the marginal gains between budget and premium pellets aren’t likely to make a massive difference to my potential