Thread: MVAC Bowman Classic charity shoot in support of Help 4 Heroes

MVAC Bowman Classic charity shoot in support of Help 4 Heroes

THE BOWMAN CLASSIC CHARITY SHOOT IN SUPPORT OF HELP 4 HEROES

Wow! What a day, great weather and fantastic turnout, from the most generous of people you could wish to meet.

YES, I'm taking about all you wonderful shooters, young and old who turned up at Hen Woods Yesterday, thank you for joining in the fun and for digging deep into your pockets and raising an incredible sum of money.

Now before I give you the total raised, I have several massive 'thank you' to make (I couldn't make them all yesterday as we would never have got finished ) and I would never have managed to get the event off the ground without them.

Nick Byrne and Barry Warren, Nick for all his help to promote this event and all his leg work, and for keeping me pointed me in the right direction.

Barry for his incredible design work on all the pamphlets, CompAir voucher and the Winners and runner up mugs.

Steve Haworth for designing the score cards.

Stu Tennent for his help and input and for helping to set out the HFT / Gamble.

Nicky and Mike from Custom Targets for turning up and adding to the day’s events.

To Andy our resident burger Van man who not only cooks up some great grub, but alongside his young and attractive assistance (beauty and the beast springs to mind) jumped in helping to sort out all the raffle tickets into a box and giving me plenty of lip in the process

To Mike and his son Tom who were thrown in at the deep end and did an amazing job of booking in everyone and selling the raffle tickets.

To show the generosity of all that turned out, I had four raffle ticket books and we sold them out completely I could have sold another two!

To all the Meon Members who turned up at Hen during the week, and on Saturday morning helping to finish off setting up the courses, and on Sunday, who all got stuck in and done excellent job in making sure that everything ran as smoothly as possible.

But there is one certain member that deserves a very special thank you.... and that is Dave Henderson. Who has been an absolute Diamond geezer, Dave has been there all week with me helping to put out all the courses and he has worked like a trooper (not bad for someone who is 70?) and the poor sod has also had to put up with me so he definitely deserves his Thanks.

Thanks must also go to all the sponsors who donated a huge amount of merchandising to the raffle.

Air Arms
    Best Fittings
    The Shooting Party
    Viking Arms
    Midland Clothing
    CompAir
    MTC
    Brocock
    Portsmouth Gun Centre
    Custom targets
    Bicester Targets
    Target-Air Ltd
    Deben
    Optics Warehouse
    Mac Wet
    Printline.

And to our main sponsor Bowman Ales ltd for their continuing support in what is one of the best shoots in the HFT calendar.
    Now to the total raised.

After having the money counted correctly (unlike my guestimation) and verified an incredible
    £1210.01

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! To all 80 of you.
    You are all very generous.

All the scores will be up on our web page very shortly at www.mvac.co.uk

But for now, and congratulations to all the winners and runners-up

Overall Champion and a very deserving winner
    Mike Burgess

Not only did Mike take the top slot he also destroyed everyone in the 'Gamble' with an incredible 42, and I think that Mike may have a slight drink problem, as he walked off with more Bowman Ale and top shot in the Veteran's class

Open
    1st place Glen Newman, 2nd Charles Peal(CB)

.22/Recoiling
    1st Mick White (CB) 2nd Don Vickers(CB)

Ladies
    and in her only 2nd time of shooting 1st place went to Marry Rackley, 2nd Debbie M. (We don't have your full surname Debbie)

Veteran
    1st Mike Burgess 2nd Terry Trott.

Junior
    1st Sebastian Hale 2nd Scott Somerville

Gamble
    1st Mike Burgess, 2nd Roger Dibbens(CB)

Pistol
    Ali James (CB) With five shooters on 26 points

(CB)...count back

Hope you all enjoyed the day.

Mike
    Last edited by happydad; 07-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Cheers Mike and all at meon for a great days shooting...superb ammount raised also. Looking forward to next years