Thread: anschutz diopter

anschutz diopter

hi a question please, wanting a higher end dioptre for my Air Arms s200T, will the older Anschutz diopters fit the rail. I have here a fwb 300 set and they are too wide for clamping down onto the dove tail. was told the annie will work. does anybody know the answer ?. thanks gc93...

If you find the thread (about a month old?) I started on dioptres over in the Target area you may find your answer. I was totally ignorant of all the variables involved in finding a dioptre so it may help.
    Cheers, Phil

thread

hi, yes ive seen it a while back, im thinking ive read the Anschutz sight will fit and tighten up ok on the s200 rail, just wanted to double check before I searched for one. I think it may not be satisfactory if I tried to shim the fwb 300 sight its at least 1mm too big if not more ..

Even if you got the FWB 300 sight to fit they are about 4mm too low and probably wont zero at 10 to 25 yards.
    Any modern "anschutz fit" 11mm dovetail sight including Centra and Gehmann will fit and can use the plastic S200 foresight.
    Air Arms used to sell the Centra Pro57 as their "deluxe sights" and Gehmann Compact are a nice fit.
    £150 or so.

diopter

hi thank you for that bit of good info , the sights you mentioned ,do you know if with the aa front sight they would adjust down to 6 yards ie suitable for bell target ranges.. atb gc93.

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    hi thank you for that bit of good info , the sights you mentioned ,do you know if with the aa front sight they would adjust down to 6 yards ie suitable for bell target ranges.. atb gc93.
    I shoot S400 10m precision with Pro57 sights at 6yds. That originally comes with the same sight set as the s200T.
    Bearing in mind a 10m rifle shoots about 20mm too low at 6 yds the sights I mentioned will just make it (theres not much adjudtment left) but the FWB300 would not go high enough.
    In the end I upgraded to a Centra front sight but they seem to be same height as the AA ones.

diopter

thanks again new sight required me thinks...