Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've sold my rammer, so where's this bloody Air Arms then?

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

I've sold my rammer, so where's this bloody Air Arms then?

As above really.

Has Terry stopped mucking about with it yet, so we can all have a go

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Arriving with me tomorrow, Pete.

I'll have a word with Terry to see if he's okay with you having a play afterwards!

Honest!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Arriving with me tomorrow, Pete.

I'll have a word with Terry to see if he's okay with you having a play afterwards!

Honest!
    Sorry mate, I ain't having no sloppy thirds

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    But but but .... when is the official launch, which copy of AGW will it be in, will Pete be stripping it for YouTube and checking there isn't a gas strut or ram hidden in there?

Honestly, most people should be satisfied with a BSA Meteor Mk 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    But but but .... when is the official launch, which copy of AGW will it be in, will Pete be stripping it for YouTube and checking there isn't a gas strut or ram hidden in there?

Honestly, most people should be satisfied with a BSA Meteor Mk 4.
    Dunno, dunno, I doubt it and I have a mk4 Mercury is that good enough

Pete

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Dunno, dunno, I doubt it and I have a mk4 Mercury is that good enough

Pete
    Let's see. Set it up at 10.5 fpe if it is .177, 11.3 if it is .22, put your best scope on it, practice some and lets see what 'new kid on the block Air Arms' can do in comparison...

Let's see. Set it up at 10.5 fpe if it is .177, 11.3 if it is .22, put your best scope on it, practice some and lets see what 'new kid on the block Air Arms' can do in comparison...
    Well if it turns out to be as good as my Prosport then the Merc has got a fight on it's hands

Pete

Sorry mate, I ain't having no sloppy thirds

Pete
    There's just no pleasing some people, is there?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Well if it turns out to be as good as my Prosport then the Merc has got a fight on it's hands

Pete
    Well, Air Arms have been selling CZ rifles for quite some time. They could easily sell the CZ Slavia 634 as the 'lightweight Air Arms break-barrel', it has a barrel lock like an LGV and a piston skirt bearing like a TX200. Stick it in a Minelli 'Cabaret' stock and everyone is happy. It would be as British as the S200. If it doesn't sell then tant pis, stop importing them and cancel the stocks from Italy. I wonder if this is what it will be? So your Mercury should have a good chance.

Well, Air Arms have been selling CZ rifles for quite some time. They could easily sell the CZ Slavia 631 as the lightweight Air Arms break barrel, it has a barrel lock like an LGV and a piston skirt bearing like a TX200. I wonder if this is what it will be? So your Mercury should have a good chance.
    As mentioned a few times on some other threads, Alistair.

Especially the thus equipped prototype, fitted with the CD trigger.

However, going on the performance of my 634, the Mercury wouldn't stand a chance!

TX100? Aye it's nice... like a 9/10 scale TX200, but break-barrel obviously.... beech or walnut stock, with regular diamond pattern chequering.

I'm looking forward to going off to sleep tonight, when I'll be trying out the TX100SR.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As mentioned a few times on some other threads, Alistair.

Especially the thus equipped prototype, fitted with the CD trigger.

However, going on the performance of my 634, the Mercury wouldn't stand a chance!
    I was going to mention your 634 Tony but you beat me to it, like said before, it wouldn't take much to get one up and running, bung a CD trigger unit on the 634, shorten and shroud/silencer the barrel and dress it up in a party frock stock and away we go, CZ could flog it at their end like they do with the CZ200, and we could have the Pro-aboutbloodytime what's not to like apart from it not being made in Britain

Pete

TX100?

Sounds like the perfect name to me.

I was going to mention your 634 Tony but you beat me to it, like said before, it wouldn't take much to get one up and running, bung a CD trigger unit on the 634, shorten and shroud/silencer the barrel and dress it up in a party frock stock and away we go, CZ could flog it at their end like they do with the CZ200, and we could have the Pro-aboutbloodytime what's not to like apart from it not being made in Britain

Pete
    But even better if built over here, Pete.

And engineered to be chunkier / more substantial, as the 634 does manage to feel quite "hollow and flimsy", even though nothing's ever given trouble and everything seems well up to the task.

And a slightly slimmed down, sleeved down to 25mm (or smaller) Pro Elite would be an easier and more obvious option.

Anyways, I'll let you know when postie arrives.

Or not!