Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've sold my rammer, so where's this bloody Air Arms then?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Arriving with me tomorrow, Pete.

I'll have a word with Terry to see if he's okay with you having a play afterwards!

Honest!
    I dunno, you take one of these oily springer types into your confidence - and he blabs about it to the whole world!

Well, there goes your key to the secret test facility, mush, not to mention the cancellation of your Platinum Ticket tour of the prototype development plant.

We'd ordered Hobnobs and a barrel of Bankses Mild, too!
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I dunno, you take one of these oily springer types into your confidence - and he blabs about it to the whole world!

Well, there goes your key to the secret test facility, mush, not to mention the cancellation of your Platinum Ticket tour of the prototype development plant.

We'd ordered Hobnobs and a barrel of Bankses Mild, too!
    Looks like I might be getting sloppy seconds instead, I can live with that

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

We'd ordered Hobnobs and a barrel of Bankses Mild, too! ::
    Really sorry, Terry, but I just got kinda all sorts of over-excited.

Please, please consider re-instating my privileges; I promise to be more careful in future, I really do!:

Now, if you've quite finished putting that lovely new HW218 Custom through its paces, I'd love to have a go on that!

Pete, now you've been teased for long enough and I've inadvertently spilled some of Heinz's finest, I can tell you a little more about this incredible new shooting machine..

The new rifle boasts a most handsome, well-figured walnut stock with beautifully cut checkering; none of that fish scale nonsense here. Surprisingly, the comb is a little on the low side for dedicated scope use, but it's more than usable and the rifle also comes with a set of high quality open sights, quite refreshing in this day and age. The slot on the underside of the stock is nice and short, due to the articulated cocking lever.

The two stage trigger is an absolute delight, as is the auto safety.

The manual barrel latch is beautiful. Nice and solid and silent in operation.

Balance is sublime, cocking and firing cycles are silky smooth and the rifle boasts quality and solid engineering throughout and feels built to last a fair few lifetimes.

It's beautiful.

Apparently, versions with beech stocks and carbine models are in the pipeline too.

The name seems rather unimaginative, though.......

Call me "Weihrauch; Weihrauch HW35 Export"!!!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Really sorry, Terry, but I just got kinda all sorts of over-excited.

Please, please consider re-instating my privileges; I promise to be more careful in future, I really do!:

Now, if you've quite finished putting that lovely new HW218 Custom through its paces, I'd love to have a go on that!

Pete, now you've been teased for long enough and I've inadvertently spilled some of Heinz's finest, I can tell you a little more about this incredible new shooting machine..

The new rifle boasts a most handsome, well-figured walnut stock with beautifully cut checkering; none of that fish scale nonsense here. Surprisingly, the comb is a little on the low side for dedicated scope use, but it's more than usable and the rifle also comes with a set of high quality open sights, quite refreshing in this day and age. The slot on the underside of the stock is nice and short, due to the articulated cocking lever.

The two stage trigger is an absolute delight, as is the auto safety.

The manual barrel latch is beautiful. Nice and solid and silent in operation.

Balance is sublime, cocking and firing cycles are silky smooth and the rifle boasts quality and solid engineering throughout and feels built to last a fair few lifetimes.

It's beautiful.

Apparently, versions with beech stocks and carbine models are in the pipeline too.

The name seems rather unimaginative, though.......

Call me a pillock!!!!!!
    And you wonder why I don't go to the boinger bashes

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hee Hee Hee!

But you really should be coming along, Pete. You'd love it. Guaranteed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hee Hee Hee!

But you really should be coming along, Pete. You'd love it. Guaranteed.
    But we've already got a Pete, Tone... and he's a bit of a handful on his own to be fair.

Maybe there should be a Pete waiting list?

Mmmmm.....I don't think we'll be needing such a list just yet, Phil, as this Pete has been a most slippery prospect.

Maybe if we can get him on board, we should call him "Beeza Pete" to differentiate. A title I'm sure he'd be most proud of, too.

Mmmmm.....I don't think we'll be needing such a list just yet, Phil, as this Pete has been a most slippery prospect.

Maybe if we can get him on board, we should call him "Beeza Pete" to differentiate. A title I'm sure he'd be most proud of, too.
    You're too kind, Tone. Literally too kind.

Or "Mercurial Pete"?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    And a slightly slimmed down, sleeved down to 25mm (or smaller) Pro Elite would be an easier and more obvious option.
    25mm is perfect thanks, can use a TX piston in it then
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Or "Mercurial Pete"?
    "Dirty Pete"?

I already know a "Dirty Pete", but he's from Nr Tamworth.

I am still here you know, where the hell did dirty Pete come from

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I am still here you know, where the hell did dirty Pete come from

Pete
    Near Tamworth.

One of the traders who buys bikes from us is nicknamed "Stinky Pete".

Wonder if the name "Pete" just attracts add-ons?

But I reckon the previously mentioned "Mercurial Pete" will suit ours just fine.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Whats this Thread about, been away for a few days ?
    “An airgun or two”………