Thread: Rifles for sale vintage and newer

edbear2 Guest

Rifles for sale vintage and newer

Excluded
    Last edited by edbear2; 24-11-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Hey Mate

Sad that you are thinning out some lovely olduns and I understand that stalling at Kempton may not be an option, but feel free to use any of us at the Fair to hold/pass on any guns to your instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi All, No secret I have been out of sorts and not been on here for ages, recovering from a long postponed op at the moment and have decided to to reduce my stuff a bit more and just keep a couple. I would prefer collection or meet within maybe 40 mins drive of Malvern, But can post if must. I could also deliver to someone to forward on if you know someone nearer me than you are.
    Hi Ed

I hope your recovery from the op is quick and painless. Sorry to hear you are selling off your guns, but not entirely surprised.

If it saves you any work, all your pics are displayed here these days.

The only service you can use for posting guns these days is Parcelforce 48, which includes barcode tracking. But unfortunately enhanced compensation is not available for airguns, so the maximum is the built-in £100 insurance. I would make it clear that you will only send rifles at the buyer's own risk if I were you.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hello, Ed. You are a great contributor to the world of collecting. Your support of the Sutton Coldfield collector fairs was invaluable and helped to stimulate the growth of other fairs. The knowledge you have shared has been very valuable and has doubtless helped many collectables to be appreciated and to survive. The guns you are selling will go to good homes and continue to be valued pieces of heritage. Happy shooting!

Hello Ed!

I hope you recover rapidly. I have been enquiring as to your welfare from Lakey.

You were most kind when I joined this site, providing me with all manner of advice about collecting and technical aspects, as a newcomer, and I have now begun to build up a modest collection. Thank you for all of that, all due to this website.

Andrew.

Hi Ed,

Good to hear from you again. You've been missed.

If it'll help anyone I come up the M5 past the Malvern exit at around 0900 every Thursday morning on my way back to Doncaster via the M42 and M1. I'm on a tachograph and don't have any spare driving time to go off route but can meet anyone at service areas or exits, or merely serve as a relay further north.

Hope this helps and you make a full recovery.

All the very best, Mick

PS. I'm Downunder until the 16th and don't need the 0200 start the following day so it'll be the Thursday after that before I'm off to Wootton Bassett.
    Last edited by walnutfarmmick; 09-05-2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Additional info
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Just wanted to pass on my very best wishes for a speedy recovery from your operation.

Your knowledge on all things pre-war BSA is legendary, and when you combine it with the sort of engineering skills that make the rest of us green with envy, you soon become the "go to bloke" when real hands on experience is needed.

You have helped so many people on the BBS over the years, especially those that frequent the " collectors lounge, and your extended absence from the section has really been felt by all the regulars.

I hope this op puts you firmly on the path of recovery, and that you start to feel better very soon.

All the very best

Lakey

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post

Just wanted to pass on my very best wishes for a speedy recovery from your operation.

Your knowledge on all things pre-war BSA is legendary, and when you combine it with the sort of engineering skills that make the rest of us green with envy, you soon become the "go to bloke" when real hands on experience is needed.

You have helped so many people on the BBS over the years, especially those that frequent the " collectors lounge, and your extended absence from the section has really been felt by all the regulars.

I hope this op puts you firmly on the path of recovery, and that you start to feel better very soon.

All the very best

Lakey
    ^^^^ This, word for word 100%. Atvb: GWB ^^^^

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Andy puts it very well how much missed you are, Ed. I've preserved some of your wise words on the care and improvement of old BSAs here, so even without your presence we have the benefit of your wisdom.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Ed good to know you are on the way back to good health after your op. which l hope was not to serious. as you have realy been missed on here.
    good luck with the sales.
    ATB,
    Mick.

He's alright, I suppose

edbear2 Guest
    Thank you guys for the kind words (The embarrassed smiley seems to have been taken away since last I was on here). I was looking the other day and it seems to be over 2 years or more that this stuff has been going on, Just had a gall bladder out which seems not bad but actually feel worse (this hopefully is temporary) but have various other stuff still going on.

What was a final trigger seemed to be the first time I was due for surgery (have been cancelled 3 times) ....I remembered the stress the missus had gone through sorting out her parent's affairs when they passed away, so did a "Dead Box....that's what I called it " with all my passwords, bank and other details, all my keys etc. and various people to contact so the missus would hopefully have an easier time of it if it went wrong.

I then thought of the last time I had even used some stuff (not just guns, various other stuff like guitars etc.) and decided to have a drastic thin out....I spoke to Pete earlier and explained that I still have a few rifles (5 actually) which would make me in the eyes of most "civilians" some sort of crazed hill billy gun nut!

I have been plodding along though , and managed to attend most of a full season of bell ringing this Winter, even getting the over 60's trophy, but it was a struggle.

Maybe I am just useless at being ill, I have met people who are out and about with terminal stuff who seem happy and resigned to keeping on and making the most of it, but I think it just wears you down being in pain every day. With my past gravity defying stunts on motorbikes and the like I knew I had trouble coming with age, but it just seems to have arrived so sodding fast!

Anyhows other old duffers on here with aches and pains will know better how it is I suppose, hopefully I can get the next item off the list which is a big worry and then I can put up with any amount of stiff joints / aches and stuff, It's the internal stuff I don't like.

Still, nice to be thought of and I do thank you

ATB, Ed

Absolutely delighted to have you back again, along with your wise counsel and advice. Your enthusiasm and articles here and elsewhere have assisted considerably into turning me into a collector, albeit rather humble alongside the more serious ones on this forum.

Hope you are on a swift road to recovery. As my late Father remarked, 'the batteries do not re-charge quite so fast these days!'