Thread: Webley Falcon, quality build.

Webley Falcon, quality build.

Just got a few interesting items to re-furbish. One is a Webley Falcon, lightweight 6lb .22. I am impressed with the build quality of this little rifle, parts are made from solid machined steel. The trigger group is three parts, sear, spring and trigger, very well made and performs perfectly, I don't know why some of the modern manufacturers used a complicated bunch of pressed steel and plastic parts. The cocking link is also a solid steel bar, and the stock is a nice piece of wood. The spring is quite strong 32 coils of 3.25mm wire, I did not have a number 7 Titan so fitted a 5 which has thinner wire but more coils to fill the space. Lovely smooth cocking and putting out around 8 ft.lb. What do folks think the value should be ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

My very first air rifle!

I bought another one a few years ago from a gun shop a few years ago for sentimental reasons, a good condition .177 and paid around £155. Probably over the top but it was unmarked and I wanted it.

They are solid aren't they!! Reminds me of an m1 carbine!!
    Valboskie and I jointly refurbished one a couple years ago and It was a little cracker
    Donald

Used to fancy trying to get one of these a while ago but couldn't find one at the right sort of price for the condition. They were either excellent with a high price or two steps away from the scrap heap. None the less they are well made & well designed, simple rugged, reliable air rifles, just wonder what Webley fans thought of the Hawk when it was introduced afterwards..was it really an improvement or a step in the wrong direction? Then again I guess the BSA Cadet Major fans might not have been keen initially on the Meteor. Early Meteors seem a step up from the Hawk to me but maybe that's just my view.

the falcon was well made light weight and stylish but is not as sort after as services or mk3 I have had a couple and the .22 one I had was very inaccurate.......maybe not a good pellet match......but every mk3 I have had shoot very straight, think I sold my falcons for about £70 each

The one I bought was on the market for £200 but checked last night and I paid £150 for it. A lot indeed but I'd been after one to replace my teenage most prized possession...

TBH, well overpriced but it was in great nick. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning...(using a tin of .177 pellets and my Falcon...)