Thread: Sharp Ace bolt handle

Sharp Ace bolt handle

Hi everyone,

Quick question, I was browsing some older guns online and saw one for sale which was unfortunately fac... However, it had a proper bolt handle rather than the horrible bolt with small roll over pin affair.

Are they a custom job, where could you get one from, as it looked great - blued metal. Would be a great addition to this otherwise lovely gun.

Any info on this proper bolt handle appreciated.

Atb

I seem to remember Key Stock Conversions (???) doing a modification on Aces years ago which included a bolt handle.
    I dont think it would be a big job for someone with engineering facilities to knock you one up.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

you still have to factor in attaching the probe to the retaining slide
    a mate was going to have his done like a falcon
    I've seen the barrel milled for bolt handle slot as well
    I did toy with the idea of making a sidelever style one on a bit of a rough one I have

Hi guys thanks for the info and input, much appreciated. Yes this bolt did look very professional and really did compliment the gun hugely.

Would love to get one for mine, but I doubt there's any old stock knocking about. I guess they must have had an extension added to the end of the probe.

Would make this great gun by much more functional and nicer in use.

Can anyone on here knock one up with a teardrop handle. Even if it fits over the knarled end of the bolt probe with a grub screw, rather than the little bar in place.

Thanks for the input on this...

Atb

Here's the link to the gun in question, it gives an idea of how its been fitted.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/air-ri...70306162941003

Atb
    Last edited by kash2001; 11-05-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: swype has a mind of its own ��

that looks near enough std to me
    the bolt handle just screws in

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    that looks near enough std to me
    the bolt handle just screws in
    agree - looks like a standard ace bolt.

Yes my bad the bolt and and the safety merged together, that looked like a bigger bolt on my small screen mobile phone.

Looking on the laptop it is clear to see. But if a proper bolt could be added I'd definitely buy one as the current affair feels an afterthought.

I'll dig mine out and see if any of the spare bolts could be attached in the mean time.

Any thoughts on a bolt that could fit would be great.

Atb

thread is m4 from what I remember I made a couple of probes a few week's back with pin probes rather than hollow ones

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    thread is m4 from what I remember I made a couple of probes a few week's back with pin probes rather than hollow ones
    Not knowing a lot about these probes what is the advantage of this. Also are you able to turn out a tear drop handle for the Ace.

Many thanks.

I haven't had time to make mountings so I can attach the ball turning tool I have to the lathe
    I can get one made by a mate if you send me a sketch

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I seem to remember Key Stock Conversions (???) doing a modification on Aces years ago which included a bolt handle.
    I dont think it would be a big job for someone with engineering facilities to knock you one up.

ATB
    Ian
    Indeed, it was Kestock Conversions of Rotherham that did them. Sadly, no longer in existence and Steve Thornley passed away.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!