Interesting thread.
I too would try fitting an aperture sight onto the gun, and try that out before fitting a scope ramp.

That said, I have two BSA's in my collection with scope ramps fitted. One gun sports a Parker Hale, once piece scope ramp, that has been screwed to the compression cylinder. The other is a flat steel plate that has been spot welded ( and screwed) to the cylinder and has the step of the higher trigger block to act as a scope stop. It looks as if someone has added blobs of weld ( or they could be shortened screw shanks) to the top of the cylinder, then further welded the scope ramp to them? Both are effective, but neither are reversible.

I had thought of possibly fitting another scope ramp to another one of my guns ( only an average to bad condition gun - would never do it to a good condition gun) , and thought you might be able to bond a closely fitting scope ramp, with a high modular silicon sealant.
I think if you degreased the area well enough, you would have enough bonding power to safely support a small scope, and I reckon that would be fully reversible if you decided to change your mind at any time.

NOW I HAVEN'T TESTED MY THEORY OUT, but if the correct ramp was fitted to the cylinder, and enough silicon ( high shore rating ) was used, it would damage a patinated finish to much, and you would have in effect a primitive "Dampa Mount" idea to further protect the scopes internals. Maybe fit a nice early weaver scope, as their long thin profile wouldn't look out of place on a pre-war BSA.

Just my thoughts........

Lakey