Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shipping from Germany

shipping from Germany

Newbie question here - has anyone experience of shipping an air rifle from a private seller in Germany to RFD in UK?

Which service was used and what was the cost?

Thanks

just bought a 300s today from egun.de was quoted €27, apologies dont know courier yet

As above. Done a few. Usually DHL from Germany then becomes PF48 at UK. No problems yet and all to my home.

Quote Originally Posted by dalwhinie View Post
    Newbie question here - has anyone experience of shipping an air rifle from a private seller in Germany to RFD in UK?

Thanks
    No need for the UK RFD, it can be legally shipped direct to you from outside the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    just bought a 300s today from egun.de was quoted €27, apologies dont know courier yet
    can you let me know courier - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No need for the UK RFD, it can be legally shipped direct to you from outside the UK.
    As angrybear said, I've bought from Germany and Poland and shipped straight to my home without issue and all tracked, I'm pretty sure it Was DHL

Not Germany in my case, my 97k was delivered from Holland direct to my home address. It was shipped by DPD and cost about €20, and arrived in three days.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Again, I bought from Germany, straight to my home. But act does not apply to sellers outside the UK, which makes importing legal
    Donald

if it's a door to door courrier you can use parcelhero to arrange a cheap move.
    They basically sell surplus freight space with major couriers. I use it for shipping US to UK and it's usually about 1/3rd of the price of buying direct.

Thanks
    Anyone tried arranging collection from this end - service used?

Anyone tried arranging collection from this end - service used?
    Yes, ParcelHero

When i tried it they gave me a very good quote which turned out to be DHU Expedited (even though it was sold at economy rate)

Given that you say you are a newbie ,Do you have an airgun licence ?

I doubt you will have to have a licence to order it from the seller ,You will have to have a licence to own airguns in Scotland

As bighit says, ordering from abroad would fall under "otherwise aquire" In the new legislation. Same as going across the border !
    Donald

I have bought several guns from private sellers in Germany.

No problem at all. You can use Google translate to send your email messages, although this may not be necessary as many Germans have a good grasp of English.

No German airguns are above the UK power limit (except the FAC ones - everything else is 6fpe) so you don't have to worry about UK Customs, and there is no need for the seller to ship to an RFD because the gun is coming from mainland Europe.

You do the bank transfer online and the seller will pack and post. Takes on average about 5-7 days to arrive straight to your doorstep.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

can you let me know courier - thanks

just got told the courier is DHL

as for parcelhero, they are cheap but from my personal experience they are a nightmare to deal with if its not straightforward when I shipped something using them, after it got to the country I was shipping to ended up having to sort pretty much everything else out myself which was a nightmare including travelling halfway across the country to pick the package up that was to be delivered to my door, but that's a very long arduous story for another day