Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shipping from Germany

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

shipping from Germany

Newbie question here - has anyone experience of shipping an air rifle from a private seller in Germany to RFD in UK?

Which service was used and what was the cost?

Thanks

just bought a 300s today from egun.de was quoted €27, apologies dont know courier yet

As above. Done a few. Usually DHL from Germany then becomes PF48 at UK. No problems yet and all to my home.

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    just bought a 300s today from egun.de was quoted €27, apologies dont know courier yet
    can you let me know courier - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalwhinie View Post
    can you let me know courier - thanks

just got told the courier is DHL

as for parcelhero, they are cheap but from my personal experience they are a nightmare to deal with if its not straightforward when I shipped something using them, after it got to the country I was shipping to ended up having to sort pretty much everything else out myself which was a nightmare including travelling halfway across the country to pick the package up that was to be delivered to my door, but that's a very long arduous story for another day

Red face

as for parcelhero, they are cheap but from my personal experience they are a nightmare to deal with if its not straightforward when I shipped something using them, after it got to the country I was shipping to ended up having to sort pretty much everything else out myself which was a nightmare including travelling halfway across the country to pick the package up that was to be delivered to my door, but that's a very long arduous story for another day
    great - thanks for this. Let me know if all goes smoothly.

great - thanks for this. Let me know if all goes smoothly.
    well so far so good, package dropped off yesterday at 11:38 and with their track and trace is now sitting in the depot in Koln awaiting to be shipped to the uk as of this morning

Thanks for the feedback.
    I might be a little more careful with what I have them ship knowing this. So far it's only been good with my orders but I didn't know it could go this badly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I might be a little more careful with what I have them ship knowing this. So far it's only been good with my orders but I didn't know it could go this badly wrong.
    you might be ok US to UK, mine was uk to the Dominican Republic and a 5 day delivery took a couple of months to sort out and several trips to Santo Domingo to resolve, their customer services in the UK were helpful but about as much use a solar panel on the dark side of the moon, giving different status updates call by call, the costs incurred with all of the extras would have almost paid most of my flight costs for me to take it

Shipping from German

Good evening so would it be possible to get a Diana skyhawk sent over and where would you suggest trying please?

Newbie question here - has anyone experience of shipping an air rifle from a private seller in Germany to RFD in UK?

Which service was used and what was the cost?

Thanks
    No need for the UK RFD, it can be legally shipped direct to you from outside the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No need for the UK RFD, it can be legally shipped direct to you from outside the UK.
    As angrybear said, I've bought from Germany and Poland and shipped straight to my home without issue and all tracked, I'm pretty sure it Was DHL

Not Germany in my case, my 97k was delivered from Holland direct to my home address. It was shipped by DPD and cost about €20, and arrived in three days.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Again, I bought from Germany, straight to my home. But act does not apply to sellers outside the UK, which makes importing legal
    Donald

if it's a door to door courrier you can use parcelhero to arrange a cheap move.
    They basically sell surplus freight space with major couriers. I use it for shipping US to UK and it's usually about 1/3rd of the price of buying direct.