Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smk pp700w. pistol question.

smk pp700w. pistol question.

Hello, I have one of these and for the money think they are pretty good. Because I cant leave anything alone then where can I get spares from please? Have a few mods in mind and just in case I cock it up ' likely ' then I can go back to standard.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

These have caught my eye. Them seem to branded under a couple of different names like SMK, Artemis, etc but I assume they are all the same base unit? I’ve seen one which looks more like a target unit with a full weaver rail on top, and the other fully shrouded. Good to hear some positive feedback about them. I think I might invest in one - anyone have either of these two models - recommendations please chaps?
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello, I have one of these and for the money think they are pretty good. Because I cant leave anything alone then where can I get spares from please? Have a few mods in mind and just in case I cock it up ' likely ' then I can go back to standard.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    What kind of mods were you thinking of, I'm curious as they are pretty good as standard. Sports marketing are probably best bet for spares but suspect you will struggle for anything apart from seals.

Hello Peddy thank you for your interest. There is a loss of Co2 from the 'loading door' when the pistol is fired, I have an idea for stopping this but if I were to cock up the mod then a new door would be needed. Plan was to get a spare just in case! May be some other things as well, depends on availability.
    I know its not exactly a major thing in the grand scheme of things but I just find it annoying.
    Same with the .455 Webley and Schofield that blow. When you have only 2ft-lbs to play with every bit counts.
    I do like to 'fiddle' with things, I really must learn to stop but at 77 years then what the heck.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Hello Peddy thank you for your interest. There is a loss of Co2 from the 'loading door' when the pistol is fired, I have an idea for stopping this but if I were to cock up the mod then a new door would be needed. Plan was to get a spare just in case! May be some other things as well, depends on availability.
    I know its not exactly a major thing in the grand scheme of things but I just find it annoying.
    Same with the .455 Webley and Schofield that blow. When you have only 2ft-lbs to play with every bit counts.
    I do like to 'fiddle' with things, I really must learn to stop but at 77 years then what the heck.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Hello Geoff, It won't be CO2 leaking - it's a PCP pistol!

Peddy please except my apologies, what a twit. Old age I am afraid, AIR repeat AIR 1000 lines, yes air leaking. The confusion was that the same leak, of UMM Co2, happens with the Webley and Scholfield! New but non sealing 'Breach' seals. Just as an add on, the Webley and Scholfield seals have a channel cut from the hole in the centre to the bottom edge ( 6 O/clock.). What is that all about?
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Cheers.
    Geoff.
    I don't think you will find that its air thats leaking when you fire, mine does the same, I think you just need to make sure the 'door' is aligned properly. Any blast of air is probably coming from the movement of the hammer travelling. Have you chrono it to see if it is inconsistent?

Hello Peddy, in work I used to use a can of air Leak Detector, this stuff would pick up the most tiny of leaks giving a mass of bubbles. Max. pressure was about 120 lbs. so low pressure.
    So I gave this one a squirt and it was like a major explosion in a bubble factory. I have heard, but not proved, that the 'O' rings as original are not of the best quality. As soon as I can I will order some English ones.
    I will be back with what happens.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Hello Peddy, in work I used to use a can of air Leak Detector, this stuff would pick up the most tiny of leaks giving a mass of bubbles. Max. pressure was about 120 lbs. so low pressure.
    So I gave this one a squirt and it was like a major explosion in a bubble factory. I have heard, but not proved, that the 'O' rings as original are not of the best quality. As soon as I can I will order some English ones.
    I will be back with what happens.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Guy at my club had the same problem, a wipe of silicone on the o ring did the trick.
    T.Robb do a moderator adaptor for the pp700sa, not sure if it fits on the W.

Matt.

Hi, well a change of 'O' rings and a smear of silicon grease has cut the AIR leak ( HA HA got it right this time, not CO2.) to an acceptable amount. A champfer on the leading edge of the door made for an easier life for the 'O' ring.
    Thanks all.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    What kind of mods were you thinking of, I'm curious as they are pretty good as standard. Sports marketing are probably best bet for spares but suspect you will struggle for anything apart from seals.
    Sports marketing (ie SMK) do NOT sell to the general public, ask me how I know!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Hi, well a change of 'O' rings and a smear of silicon grease has cut the AIR leak ( HA HA got it right this time, not CO2.) to an acceptable amount. A champfer on the leading edge of the door made for an easier life for the 'O' ring.
    Thanks all.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Where did you source the seals from Geoff?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Ive been hanging my nose over one of these. A few good reviews on youtube.

As anyone used one with a moderator, or could recommend one?
    Ta

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Markkn View Post
    Ive been hanging my nose over one of these. A few good reviews on youtube.

As anyone used one with a moderator, or could recommend one?
    Ta

Mark
    PP700sa has a cap you can unscrew from the muzzle and TR Robb do a screw-in moderator adaptor.

I use mine with a HW silencer and its extremely quiet, but quite long. rested on a bag we could hit the 45yd bell with it all day long. (scoped obviously, 30mm bell)

You can't fit one to the PP700w.

Matt.

I have one and my son has the ardtomis mine is the shrouded round barrel version with a Crosman stock fitted, makes a great mini rifle, id say excellent value for money, i also like the hammer cocking its very slick and makes a nice light click when it cocks.