Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
Thanks ChrisC.

I understand the aim here now. The trick however must be knowing how to interpret results in relation to adjustments made and thats where my inexperience lets me down.

Wouldn't it be possible for suppliers to offer balanced firing valve and hammer springs matched to the pressure setting of the regulator they sell? Would be too easy I suppose
Yes mate, you'd have thought that the reg supplier (if they had been contacted about this before) would have put together a small kit to make it an easy, DIY job. I mean, they must have experimented with the settings before making a product to sell?

To revert back to Steyrs. The newer models had an external power adjuster that meant an allen key could be used to push the power above the limit. Steyr in thier wisdom introduced a transfer port with a reduced diameter. the problem was that the shot count almost halved with the (silver) port fitted and the firing valve spring,reg and hammer spring were out of balance. The hammer spring had to be wound right in to get the power to a useable level which meant that the hammer smashed into the friing valve which in turn bounced. The result was a much lower shot count, harsher firing cycle and a vastly reduced life for the internals.....not a clever solution.

I suspect that you've got something similar going on but i also think it should be an easy enough fix......someone on here (or the reg supplier) will have just the info you need....hopefully.