Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There are those on here that know a lot more about this than me and it is a long time since i went into a s200. my thoughts are that normally with a 180 bar fill that pressure is being overcome by a strong firing valve spring sealing the firing valve, now the reg is there and the pressure delivered to the firing valve is 95 bar then the firing valve spring is too strong and the hammer spring is working too hard to overcome that tension. When i set up a Steyr it's about the balance of reg pressure vs firing valve spring vs hammer spring, i think that's your problem. see if you can find a 'softer' hammer spring or contact the reg supplier as he must have had this question before?
Thanks ChrisC.

I understand the aim here now. The trick however must be knowing how to interpret results in relation to adjustments made and thats where my inexperience lets me down.

Wouldn't it be possible for suppliers to offer balanced firing valve and hammer springs matched to the pressure setting of the regulator they sell? Would be too easy I suppose