Thread: Looking for a Walther LG 300XT Anatomic or similar

Looking for a Walther LG 300XT Anatomic or similar

Hello All

New here, but been bell target shooting for 7 yrs in my local Stratford Upon Avon league. Started off with using a friends FWB 700, but after a few seasons wanted something of my own. So I bought a Hammeli AR20, which i've added parts to over the years to make into a nice rifle for me, but i'm now looking for something abit more.

I like wooded stocks, and still want the adjustability you get with Alu stock. So my search has led me to a Walther Anatomic.

My search is for a second hand version, and i thought that the LG300XT would be the cheapest way into an Anatomic...but they seem to be rare ? or do i need to look harder

Any help or advisement you can offer would be appreciated.

Lg300xt anatomic

I have been using one of these for the last six months and I love it. It came with a second cylinder and adjustable rear iris and front sight element. I paid £1400 for it so they are not cheap but well worth the extra over what you would pay for the standard 300xt which seem to sell at around £1000 or so.
    Paul.

Bart49:

There's an LG400 competition for sale in the netherlands. For E1650 (euros)
    Dont know whether he'll post abroad though

http://sport.tweedehands.net/schiets...petition1.html
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Bart49 View Post
    I have been using one of these for the last six months and I love it. It came with a second cylinder and adjustable rear iris and front sight element. I paid £1400 for it so they are not cheap but well worth the extra over what you would pay for the standard 300xt which seem to sell at around £1000 or so.
    Paul.
    Thanks Paul, sounds great, and worth it, I just need to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    There's an LG400 competition for sale in the netherlands. For E1650 (euros)
    Dont know whether he'll post abroad though

http://sport.tweedehands.net/schiets...petition1.html
    Thanks for link, I’ve seen seversl Alu stock LG300 and LG400 for sale, but it’s the Anatomic I’m really looking for.

I paid £1750 for my LG300XT some time back, but it has been worth every penny and I have always enjoyed owning it and shooting it.

Although expensive it was still only just over half the price of a new one, and being in mint condition I was more than happy to pay that for it.

The Anatomic retains all of the adjustments of the alloy LG300XT variants, but has the warm feel of wood and I really like the look of the laminated blue stock. It is probably the best looking of all the LG300XT variants - although I have now finally (after several years of looking) found an LG300XT Carbontec to rival its good looks - but even this does not have the wood feel that is so appealing!
    Last edited by zooma; 22-05-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I paid £1750 for my LG300XT some time back, but it has been worth every penny and I have always enjoyed owning it and shooting it.

Although expensive it was still only just over half the price of a new one, and being in mint condition I was more than happy to pay that for it.

The Anatomic retains all of the adjustments of the alloy LG300XT variants, but has the warm feel of wood and I really like the look of the laminated blue stock. It is probably the best looking of all the LG300XT variants - although I have now finally (after several years of looking) found an LG300XT Carbontec to rival its good looks - but even this does not have the wood feel that is so appealing!
    Thanks for the info, the anatomic certainly is my favourite and like you say wooden feel with lots of adjustment still.

Lg 300 alutec

One for sale in the sales section.

Quote Originally Posted by XDRIVER View Post
    One for sale in the sales section.
    Chris is looking for a wooden stocked LG300XT so is has to be an Anatomic- the rest all have alloy stocks.

An alternative would be the Feinwerkbau P70 that was also available with a laminated wooden stock as well as the variant with an alloy stock.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-05-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Chris is looking for a wooden stocked LG300XT so is has to be an Anatomic- the rest all have alloy stocks.

An alternative would be the Feinwerkbau P70 that was also available with a laminated wooden stock as well as the variant with an alloy stock.

Thank you all, and especially Bob, a long drive was made very worth while to meet and see the Rosendale club, and learn something new. I also got to see the Carbontec, it's a thing of beauty, but my main interest was the Anatomic, which was just as nice, and felt really good to put some shots down at 10m. So I've come away with a very good condition Anatomic.

Thanks Again Bob

[QUOTE=ChrisReed;7505229]Thank you all, and especially Bob, a long drive was made very worth while to meet and see the Rosendale club, and learn something new. I also got to see the Carbontec, it's a thing of beauty, but my main interest was the Anatomic, which was just as nice, and felt really good to put some shots down at 10m. So I've come away with a very good condition Anatomic.

Thanks Again Bob[/QUOTE

Hi Chris,

It was a pleasure to meet you both and hope you enjoyed your evening with us at RMTC last week.

Hopefully you will both be inspired to join us in the MPL postal "supported air rifle shooting" (SARS) that will start on 1st July - you both certainly have the kit to do the job, and it will make a nice change from your bell target shooting - but still at your regular 6 yard distance - so no sight alterations will be needed!

Just contact Russ with your entries - or come up and see us one club evening if you would like any more help or advice to encourage you to give the 6 yard MPL postal competition a go!

You can also enter "on the spot" if you decide to shoot with us next season - it will be the best tenner you have ever spent!!!

Take care of that Anatomic!

Bob.