Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW90 still cuts it!

Cool HW90 still cuts it!

Well, I have to say that I'm still impressed with the '90. Was down in Devon at the weekend and clearing out some of the greedy feed eating crows for the local farmer, and the '90 hammered them! I put it over the Skan after and it had about a 4fps variation over a decent shot strong. So well done Weihrauch for creating a decent bit of kit. Well pleased
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    Well, I have to say that I'm still impressed with the '90. Was down in Devon at the weekend and clearing out some of the greedy feed eating crows for the local farmer, and the '90 hammered them! I put it over the Skan after and it had about a 4fps variation over a decent shot strong. So well done Weihrauch for creating a decent bit of kit. Well pleased
    Didn't you buy two HW90's off me?...if so which one did you take down with you?...177 or .22?

If .177, did you return it to standard? ...or is it still sporting the 98 barrel and running (without the interia weight) with the ozzy piston seal?
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    My 1993 .177 TB90 is the best air rifle I have ever bought. Perfectly suited to 1/2" kill zones on my steel cordless targets as well as a spot of wood pigeon culling out the back of our orchard a few years back. A clean head shot every time, plenty of meat for the freezer. Such a smooth, consistent, quiet accurate air rifle. I would of loved to have been able to acquire an FAC '90 in .22 and run a compare with my 20ft lb .22 HW80K.

@ Dave ...I still have both of yours mate and they remain untouched for now. I picked up another one the other day, off a forum member/ good mate, because it was a standard/ 'straight out of the factory' rifle, which had hardly been used, so I couldn't help myself . I was so surprised by how quiet it was with the standard HW mod, I thought it was under powered! I thought it would be a good project rifle, as I have a spare .20 and .25 barrel that will fit it. But now, after its outing and putting it over the skan, I'm gonna leave it as is. And then look to use one of the ones I got off you for a project - probably the 'rubber' stock one in .22, as the factory rifle I got is .22 also, so I don't need two.
    Last edited by webb22; 10-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    My 1993 .177 TB90 is the best air rifle I have ever bought. Perfectly suited to 1/2" kill zones on my steel cordless targets as well as a spot of wood pigeon culling out the back of our orchard a few years back. A clean head shot every time, plenty of meat for the freezer. Such a smooth, consistent, quiet accurate air rifle. I would of loved to have been able to acquire an FAC '90 in .22 and run a compare with my 20ft lb .22 HW80K.
    Mhmm...TB90...is all I have to say about that. I've been lucky enough to use one and have first dibs on it when matey gets bored of it.... so I won't hold my breath!
    I did have a venom '80 running at about 20fpe, and the quick lock time of the gas ram makes all the difference IMO over springers. The venom is lovely, no doubt, and I think it might be more forgiving at FAC power than a rammer, if the eliminator is anything to go by. You could always pick up a cheap '90 and tune it up and put it on ticket mate.

Fantastic rifles - bit on the heavy side for a carry gun though...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Cobra sling makes carrying very easy. If you're shooting off a stick the extra weight then comes into play.

One of the few HWs missing from my collection.

I must get me one one day.

Many very favourable reports and when people like Baxterbasics, who has vast experience of many guns including highly fettled springers, says I ought to get one, you sorta have to listen.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    One of the few HWs missing from my collection.

I must get me one one day.

Many very favourable reports and when people like Baxterbasics, who has vast experience of many guns including highly fettled springers, says I ought to get one, you sorta have to listen.
    The .177 TB90 I have is an early rifle with a 63mm stroke or so I'm led to believe. For a 30mm bore and heavy duty piston it has surprisingly little recoil and a super quick snappy firing cycle. The only thing I don't like is the safety catch set up. The reset toggle under the trigger guard some times interferes with my Anschutz glove, that said, I can still rest the rifle on a stick or off my knee. It was the best break barrel gas spring rifle produced in my view having previously shot HE and non HE Sirocco's, and all of the derivatives including the Olympus. The triggers on Theoben's own rifles weren't a patch on the HW unit, even with it's over elaborate safety set up.

Had 3 90's in this year and they were all down on power, suppose it could be very miniscule leaks over year of use. Was trying to read pump gauge at correct operating power of 11.2 ft.lb. and it was hard to discern being very low, looked about 350 p.s.i. in the ram. Has anybody ideas on the pressure ? My collector friend has a.22 minter for sale he bought new and hardly shot which he is taking to the next Kempton Park Fair on 15th October £220.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Had 3 90's in this year and they were all down on power, suppose it could be very miniscule leaks over year of use. Was trying to read pump gauge at correct operating power of 11.2 ft.lb. and it was hard to discern being very low, looked about 350 p.s.i. in the ram. Has anybody ideas on the pressure ? My collector friend has a.22 minter for sale he bought new and hardly shot which he is taking to the next Kempton Park Fair on 15th October £220.

Baz
    When new, my TB90 shot at 11.6 FT LB. Now it shoots at 10.5 FT LB but I've hardly noticed a difference to be honest.

One reason why i sold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    One reason why i sold mine.
    Same here - got a Theoben instead...

Same here - got a Theoben instead...
    The cheapest Sirocco was the Countryman back in the nineties.£255. A lot of money then for a basic rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    The cheapest Sirocco was the Countryman back in the nineties.£255. A lot of money then for a basic rifle.
    Countryman Carbine - the best rifle that I've ever owned...