Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
No idea where he got it from, I cleaned an old BSA standard recently, removed the rust and exposed all the original etching intact, takes patience as only covers a small area at a time, I actually have a lot of his old tools which he gave to me when I started my engineering apprenticeship after school, lovely old squares and dividers, scribers etc, all hand made, really nice guy that was happy to pass on knowledge and skills many of which that would probably long forgotten now if he hadn't. proper old school gent, to this day I still wipe my tools down with a oil rag before putting away,
You touched lucky meeting him and so did we when you passed on the tip thanks again
The Tipton pads Flint mentioned are available on Amazon UK me I'm looking out my old loose change first, I've had plenty of time to mull over a pearl of wisdom given to me as an apprentice "there's always time to do it twice but never enough time to do it properly " that usually was aimed at those in charge and never us lowly grunts .
Cheers again for the tip .