Thread: TX200 Cocking Arm advice needed.

TX200 Cocking Arm advice needed.

A friend has a TX200 with a problematic Cocking Arm in that one of the rivets holding the Arm to the Pivot Block has failed and needs replacing. Is this a standard engineering part that can be brought separately or is it a new Cocking Arm as a complete entity ?

Also, has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you overcome the problem ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

For a quick, cheap fix use a short length of drill bit (the round end obviously!) and a smear of epoxy to hold it in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    A friend has a TX200 with a problematic Cocking Arm in that one of the rivets holding the Arm to the Pivot Block has failed and needs replacing. Is this a standard engineering part that can be brought separately or is it a new Cocking Arm as a complete entity ?

Also, has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you overcome the problem ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.
    Only available as a complete part.

For me, I'd replace the whole arm. when you do get problems is that area, you also get problems with the arm not locking up properly and also poor breech sealing
    B.A.S.C. member

thanks for the replies folks, I'll forward them to the "lucky" owner of the rifle.

Vic Thompson.