Thread: Scope for tx200

Scope for tx200

Looking to buy a tx200 hc soon, but busy weighing up what scope to go on top. I've used cheap optics for too long but want to get something quality for this, without spending mega mega bucks. Ideally I'd be looking around the £150 mark.
    Targets only at the moment, but I enjoy pushing the range out so I'd be looking at a 4-16 or 6-18 kind of zoom range probably. I'd like a max objective of 44mm, prefer a side focus, and mildot Ret. And obviously not so long as to interfere with loading.
    Am I asking too much?

Advice gratefully recieved

You would pickup a decent new Nikko Sterling for that price range. 2nd hand Hawke, MTC,
    Ive got a Nikko Sterling on my TX and works well enough.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Which one you using?

I've just fixed a second hand Mamba Lite on my SR.

It sits on there nice and low, and for some reason the whole thing shoulders better with the factory (non-adjustable) buttpad, than it did with a higher scope.

Looking forward to trying it out properly.

You should seriously consider the Hawke Vantage side focus range, especially as there are on sale at Optics Warehouse at the moment (try other vendors first though, this is just my default website for prices).

SF 3-12x44 Half mildot = £169
    SF 4-16x44 Half mildot = £179
    SF 6-24x44 Half mildot = £189

I'm using the slightly older Vantage Max on my TX200 and it's been perfect. I even bought a spare one just in case I broke my first one, that's how much I rate it.
    I'm considering trying the SF 3-12x44 but hard to justify it when the current one is working so well

A 3-9-40 panorama sits on my txhc, set on 6 mag it great from 15 to 50 so no focussing needed

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    A 3-9-40 panorama sits on my txhc, set on 6 mag it great from 15 to 50 so no focussing needed

Chris
    ...or get the PA version. I have a couple - nice FOV and quite short too.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    Which one you using?
    Hi Mate its the mount master 4x9x50
    Its mil dot reticule nothing flash, but had it on the range at 25yds today (.22) and was more than up to the job.
    I got it 2nd hand about £50
    Set up correctly and at the distance you will be shooting absolutely fine.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22