Thread: Mis-aligned scope rail?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Mis-aligned scope rail?

On a prior thread I mentioned by problem child Parker Hale Dragon Sporter. It is stunning to behold, in beautiful condition and groups very tightly. The trouble is it groups very tightly further to the right the greater the distance you shoot. I have spent a year checking the barrel, the comp tube et al and all I can say is the breech block is on the squiff!

Shakysimon lent me an adjustable mount yesterday, so this morning I put in a straight piece of plastic and adjusted it up. The first two pics show the prior left to right cast of the barrel, and after (approximate) adjustment, another couple.

It would seem it is problem solved, except the one peice mount obscures the loading port. Has anyone seen these in a two piece setup?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]picture hosting[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Don't fx do some 2 piece adjustables?

Have you tried putting one mount with the clamp bolts facing left and the other mount with the clamp bolts facing right, Nick ?

And yes I know that sounds daft.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Have you tried putting one mount with the clamp bolts facing left and the other mount with the clamp bolts facing right, Nick ?

And yes I know that sounds daft.
    Actually, some clever work with just that plus a little letting and shimming could work.

Thanks Mick

A small section of N gauge rail into the forward right hand side dovetail has all but fixed it!

[IMG][/IMG]

Sprotsmatch do adjustable two piece mounts, I use the 30mm ATP66 mounts on all my FT rifles.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have some two-piece adjustable mounts somewhere, give me 24 hours...

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have heard of this on a Stealth before
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I have some two-piece adjustable mounts somewhere, give me 24 hours...
    Awesome! I've got a Parker Hale Dragon for you that'd look lovely with those!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I think I have found the box. The big carboard box, in which they may be lurking in a smaller box. Let me have a delve ...

Oooh, they are really nice. I don't know who made them but they look like blue steel allen bolts and best quality alloy. They are for 1", is that OK?

The mounts adjust independently left to right, and I think you can adjust the vertical as well, but I would have to take them apart for that. There seems to be a medium height and a higher mount set of ring posts, so it should be OK for 45 or 50mm front bells.

I will get some pictures done and email them to you in the morning.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 20-05-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Bejezzuz, you aren't offering me one of those one-pump moon-calfs are you?

The only Parker-Hale I would like is one of their Mauser centre-fires, but I ain't got a license so I couldn't even have one of those...