Thread: Sprucing up olde pellets

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Sprucing up olde pellets

What is good for sprucing up old pellets, in this case a hundred olde BSA Pylarms (Eley Wasp in a black tin)?

I am going to try vinegar, coca-cola and lemon juice in small test-tubes.

Wd 40 I found ok.

Just keep the ones you plan to shoot in your mouth ready for action and they will be fine!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Wd 40 I found ok.
    yeah, WD bath and then a gentle aggitation in a cloth as part of drying them; cleaned up most of the old crap / oxidation on some I found and they shot just fine for plinking
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Just keep the ones you plan to shoot in your mouth ready for action and they will be fine!
    I used to do that as a kid (it was the mid 1970s so safe as houses - the houses were all targetted by 1 MT Soviet nukes) then swallowed one and went to my Dad worried about lead-poisoning. He said I would be OK just not to fart indoors.

WD40 is just white spirit and light machine oil, isn't it? Does it have any stuff in it that removes oxidation? I am going to do a comparison with the acidic ones I mentioned...

My money is on the Coca-Cola.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    My money is on the Coca-Cola.
    Phosphoric acid, the dentist's friend. Must have put generations of dentists' kids through Public School.