Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok its that time again Gun choice

Ok its that time again Gun choice

Hi sorry to bring up one of the old questions but i am stuck between the Walther LGV master and the Diana 340 N tec both in 0.22 and i don't really want anything else they don't appeal to me. All the best Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi sorry to bring up one of the old questions but i am stuck between the Walther LGV master and the Diana 340 N tec both in 0.22 and i don't really want anything else they don't appeal to me. All the best Graham.
    try them both and see which you like best everyone has their own experience
    but try before you buy for sure

LGV.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Get thee to the springer bash and try many guns! All there, on a bench waiting to be shot, go from one to another and back until you realise you want somethng else entirely!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

lgv all the way

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    lgv all the way
    Hi thank you folks it looks like the LGV, but just typical a local AA TX200 has just popped up used with a Tacvector Optics 10st -40x56 scope on in 0.177 for £425 so i don't know decisions, decisions. All the best Graham.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Trouble is though, human nature being what it is - that any subsequent thing that niggles about a rifle other than the one you first wanted will make you question why you didn't get what you wanted in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Trouble is though, human nature being what it is - that any subsequent thing that niggles about a rifle other than the one you first wanted will make you question why you didn't get what you wanted in the first place...
    Very true i fancy a Walther LGV having got the LGU and seen the quality but folks rave on so much about the TX and HW97 so gets one wondering. Maybe i should just stick with what i have got. All the best Graham.

Very true i fancy a Walther LGV having got the LGU and seen the quality but folks rave on so much about the TX and HW97 so gets one wondering. Maybe i should just stick with what i have got. All the best Graham.
    go on scratch that itch …….

walther master

The walther master is probably the heaviest springer on the market will be knocking 12 lbs scoped up only suitable for bench rest really unless you are a body builder. Does shoot great though.
    mk2 rapid.22

Id go Tx200 but im biased, I'm not sure about the optics you mentioned so I dont know what they are worth, but you can pick up a tx 2nd hand for less then that.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I'm rather partial to the N-Tec, but it's your money...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    The walther master is probably the heaviest springer on the market will be knocking 12 lbs scoped up only suitable for bench rest really unless you are a body builder. Does shoot great though.
    A spinger wouldn't be my choice for bench resting and the TX200 is even heavier...

Hello pal

I've not long bought a used lgv. Lovely gun although mine is proving quite hold sensitive as discussed on a recent post. It may just be my technique but I'm normally ok with springers. I've still lots to learn though....

Mine is 177 and I have generally found 22 springers nicer to shoot than their 177 counterpart (again, this is just my taste).

I'm going to persist with it, but can't help wish I went 22 sometimes.

Plus points;. Bluing is great despite what a lot of people say. Weight (if you like them heavy ) clunk upon lock up- sounds like a bank vault door- there's some engineering in it. Looks, not everyone's taste but I like the looks . Other than plastic trigger blade, which can be swapped I think it feels top quality. Lovely to shoot although mine had a slight twang, a diy sleeve has solved this, but tuning is new to me so don't quote me on how to do it. I've yet to Chrono it but only plinking with it so not het up upon power. I'd imagine somewhere around 10.5-11 as most newish guns seem to make these days

not much of a tuning following and not popular with tuners but the basics are already done inthe factory; plastic ring guides, delrin spring guides etc...

If ever over Manchester way drop me a line and you could have a look, shoot

Hi thanks for the offer, I am quite used to the barrel lock and trigger as we have a Century as well in 0.22 which i assume is about the same weight it just has a bit 30mm piston inside, also i assume its the same stock. Thank's once again Graham.