Thread: Wanted HW35 Cocking lever in usable condition..

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Wanted HW35 Cocking lever in usable condition..

I thought I would put a Wanted for this in here because this is where the '35 enthusiasts are most likely to be.
    Just need a cocking lever in useable condition for a few pounds or swap for something or other from my bits box.

They are about £14 new from Chambers, the ones on evilburp are like, twice that amount!

Been after one myself mate along with some original barrel bolts, they seem to be in short supply. I tried to get on off that bellend on evilbay but he still wanted more than they cost new.

Maybe SWS in Germany would be the best option, hoerver I don't want a new one as it's a 1980's gun.

Protek maybe gents?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'm breaking a 35 lads.... email me
    Donald

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    Been after one myself mate along with some original barrel bolts, they seem to be in short supply. I tried to get on off that bellend on evilbay but he still wanted more than they cost new.

Maybe SWS in Germany would be the best option, hoerver I don't want a new one as it's a 1980's gun.
    Ha ha, I have punted a bid at him twice, telling him that he is asking more than a new one for it... he declined both times but didn't answer...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Protek maybe gents?
    They are out as well... Gosh darn, how can I make a bitza 35 out of secondhand parts if I have to buy a new cocking lever? It would spoil the whole scrap-heap ambiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They are out as well... Gosh darn, how can I make a bitza 35 out of secondhand parts if I have to buy a new cocking lever? It would spoil the whole scrap-heap ambiance.
    Exactly my thoughts.

I have all the bits for a nice HW35E apart from cocking arm and barrel bolt. I've just restored a 1977 HW35L and got the action reblued but I'm thinking of leaving this one exactly as it is.

Exactly my thoughts.

I have all the bits for a nice HW35E apart from cocking arm and barrel bolt.
    Might have one of these for you .. is it the hinge bolt or the latch bolt?
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 21-05-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Might have one of these for you .. is it the hinge bolt or the latch bolt?
    It's the breach bolt with spring washers Alistair, thanks mate.

Rummage mode engaged.

I have got a 35 bolt in good condition, with one spring washer, the lock-nut has a very small chew on it but that just needs a couple of strokes of a file and it will be all good. PM me your address and I will post it to you .