Hi all,

I expect some people have already done this in the past but I thought it might make an interesting read, I struggled for many years trying to get springs in and out of rifles without doing myself harm, so a couple of years ago I bought a long sash clamp and it clamps in my vice and has worked pretty well, the only rifles I can't seem to use it on is the Airsporter/Mercury (but I have an idea for a wheel bearing set up which I can then use for the Mercury's), which is a bit daft as that's the rifles I seem to do most of my work on, anyway I was trying to squeeze a longer spring into my Brocock Indy yesterday but just run out of thread on the clamp, so after a little swearing session and trying to get more length with different length sockets, I had a little looksie on tinternet and come up with a cramp head set, a little trip down to my local Toolstation and low and behold the head with the adjuster fits straight onto the sash clamp and I now have double adjustment, I got the new spring in the Indy with ease, I've put links to the clamps I've been using so you can see what I mean.

SASH CLAMP

CRAMP HEAD SET

Cheers

Pete