Thread: Reactive Zeroing Target

Reactive Zeroing Target

Called into RFD yesterday to see how the home made contraption is holding up after a couple of weeks use.
    I'm flavour of the month now. They just love it. Holding up well after "considerable stick" and saving them loads of time/effort it seems.
    Many thanks to T20 for sharing the dimensions etc

I remember this from before. Superb idea and bit of kit. Every club should have one.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Nice.... and could be made simpler by omitting the tube and mounting the saw blade (other dingers are available) on the other side of the bar with a small spacer to let it ring...

Very similar to the Air Arms Zeroing target.. Although theirs was a smaller and a simpler version with a spinner instead of a ringer to confirm zero. I've been trying to get hold of one for a while but they stopped making them ages ago. I can't even find an old secondhand one.

I asked AA about them at this years shooting show. They said they stopped making them due to low demand and they no future plans to reintroduce them

Are you looking to produce them in any quantity?

I'd be interested.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Nice.... and could be made simpler by omitting the tube and mounting the saw blade (other dingers are available) on the other side of the bar with a small spacer to let it ring...
    Agreed. Mk II is just that

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
    I asked AA about them at this years shooting show. They said they stopped making them due to low demand and they no future plans to reintroduce them.
    Funny that. I have one and while I don't use it very often, I lend it more than I use it myself, I still wouldn't be without it. Great bit of kit and i'm surprised that demand was low.

hi,jules, has this been installed at valley,lucky devils. sign of a misspent youth
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Funny that. I have one and while I don't use it very often, I lend it more than I use it myself, I still wouldn't be without it. Great bit of kit and i'm surprised that demand was low.
    Yes, I was surprised when they said that. Everyone I've ever spoken to about them thought they were a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eFW7IRqsI

I also spoke to guy on another stall (Air-Target?) about these and he said he'd seen them before and was actually thinking of producing some but he was investigating ways to reduce the amount of processes involved and manufacturing costs. Apparently they're quite fiddly and time consuming to make.

Perhaps that's more the reason as to why AA stopped making them.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
    Yes, I was surprised when they said that. Everyone I've ever spoken to about them thought they were a good idea.
    Perhaps my enthusiasm for them was that they reminded me of using my first air rifle, the Webley Falcon many years ago. I got it for Christmas and must have gone through 5 tins of pellets over the school holidays. I made myself a zeroing target by suspending a number of tin cans from an old garden swing and whichever tin moved, indicated the pellet's impact! Not the most precise but fun when I was learning to shoot...