Thread: No more monkey metal for me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Always wondered what the Stinger was like.
    Will look for one now.
    Probably be more than a tenner tho.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Will look for one now.
    Watch out for the little seal on the loading gate thing. On the one I had, it had swollen up and the balls were tight going through it, which resulted in the dangerous thing of pulling the trigger and the ball coming out eventually after the pressure built up enough to gradually push the ball through the seal. I couldn't find an seal to fit so made one from leather then sized the hole so the ball could go through ok. After a couple of shots it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi

I got this Webley Stinger for a tenner at the local bootsale, The seller proclaimed that 'It needs a new spring'!!

In fact it was just drier than a Nuns chuff, A bit of a clean up and some Ballistol oil saw it shooting the steel BB's with some verve!!, It actually dented the steel of an old BSA target holder!!

Thinking back, It may actually be plastic although I thought it was monkey metal! (Not sure where it is to find out!)

I think the bottom is Mazak and the top plazzie!!

The dents!!

John
    They seem to defy the laws of physics. A bb hit the end of a tin can and come back twice as fast as it went down!
    I sent mine to Lawrie after I had a look at it and made up the seal for the gate.I didn't like the gun. I never stripped the trigger. I didn't fancy my chances of getting that housing apart and back together. I guess they never did spares for these?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Will look for one now.
    Always wondered what these were like too, looks like a cross between a Nemesis and a faser our of Star Wars