Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more monkey metal for me!

Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Always wondered what the Stinger was like.
    Will look for one now.
    Probably be more than a tenner tho.
    Always wondered what these were like too, looks like a cross between a Nemesis and a faser our of Star Wars

Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Nice one, I'd love my lounge decorated like that. Is that a 451 near the top left ?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Surely that's Gingernuts lounge

In the 'golden era',

I had an arrangement with the Crosman importer.He would send me a brace of every new Crosman/Benjamin pistol that came on the market. The Crosman 451 CO2 pistols were $NZ34 a piece. Crosman Trapmaster shotties were $NZ106 for gun/loaded shells/target set-up and bulk-fill gas bottle. Same folk handled Eastern Bloc guns and Webley. I'd browse the 'spare parts' bins,make up a nice new Premier or Predom...for about forty dollars. Well worth driving from the Waikato to Auckland!

I see you have some P08 (Luger) replicas. The Erma real firearm copy of the Luger was also made in "monkey metal". The real P08 Luger required around 600 machining operations to produce, much too expensive today, so I can understand modern production using Zamak alloy.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The Luger look-a-likes

all plastic! Top is actually a Kruger(shoots No.8 shot with pathetic aid of a big cap).The other two are Daisy softies.

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    all plastic! Top is actually a Kruger(shoots No.8 shot with pathetic aid of a big cap).The other two are Daisy softies.
    All the new CO2 LUGER type air pistols are monkey metal, some are quite good performers. Below is the Erma copy which came in three calibres, .22 RF 32 acp and 380 (9mil short), also made in Zamak (monkey metal) with steel barrel liner. They are about two thirds the size of the original P08.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=er...w=1366&bih=652
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 29-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Zamak got a bad name because up to about 1950 it was notorious for rapid metal fatigue and cracking. For example I have seen many a Haenel 26 pistol with a cracked frame which you daren't shoot in case the two parts went their separate ways. Once it was realised that traces of lead impurity in the zinc component were causing the problem extremely pure zinc was used in the mix and this solved the problem. So relatively modern Zamak guns should be as durable as steel, if not as strong.

The way things are going, we will be looking back fondly at Zamak guns when everything is made of ABS plastic, or even worse made by digital printing.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Well the Monkey metal (sort of) fun continues. I was sent a G2 barrel the a few weeks that was a bit different to the ones I had seen before. This had a double "bobbin) on the loading end of the barrel, the big bit for the sear to engage and the other bit for a washer (Or O ring?). A mate told me he had a nut for the barrel (FREE!) and has sent it to me. THE NUT DOES NOT GO ON THE BARREL! The hole is too small. Having a bit of a measure as best as I can and checking threads, I THINK that the thread on the barrel I have is 9/32 BSF (26tpi) .
    ALTHOUGH it has been suggested it could b 7.5mm x 1 pitch.
    The nut I have (i have been told) is 7mm x .75 pitch

BUGGER! ----

Well an update on this. Someone found the correct nut for me and the G2 is now working AND the gun will be given away
    I do not want to see another G2 or a G10 either, once I have gotten the one here working.
    Has anybody got the spring unit/ piston complete for one of these? I am guessing the Smk version would have the same bits?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"