Thread: Does anyone actually use NV on a springer?

Does anyone actually use NV on a springer?

I thought about this a while ago and, put it out of mind as the general consensus was that the recoil from a springer probably would damage NV.

But, I've recently been shooting somewhere with a lot more rabbits and, I fancy a go at night with the TX and sticks.
    It's quite open ground so, stalking in in daylight is rather unproductive and, I'd rather not lamp them.

My question is, is anyone actually using NV on a springer, regularly and successfully? If so, what's your set up?

Thanks in advance.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I thought about this a while ago and, put it out of mind as the general consensus was that the recoil from a springer probably would damage NV.

But, I've recently been shooting somewhere with a lot more rabbits and, I fancy a go at night with the TX and sticks.
    It's quite open ground so, stalking in in daylight is rather unproductive and, I'd rather not lamp them.

My question is, is anyone actually using NV on a springer, regularly and successfully? If so, what's your set up?

Thanks in advance.
    hello, maybe a DIY n/v kit might work that you put on rear of scope, cheap enough to make,a Photon type would damage with the recoil, i know of a kit for sale ?? total outlay was £150, he wants £75 plus post, all quality parts,
    Last edited by oldboyshooter; 20-05-2018 at 01:46 PM.

I had a homemade effort (camera behind scope, screen on top) on a hw80 and it seemed ok. Trouble was it made an already heavy rifle heavier and being a springer couldn’t really be shot rested. Fine for 15 yard rats but I couldn’t hold it steady enough for much greater distance.

Got one of dave gs (some bloke) quick fit add on rigs for sale if your interested ,only used once due to illness so as new £240 posted RMSD

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, maybe a DIY n/v kit might work that you put on rear of scope, cheap enough to make,a Photon type would damage with the recoil, i know of a kit for sale ?? total outlay was £150, he wants £75 plus post, all quality parts,
    Quote Originally Posted by telf View Post
    Got one of dave gs (some bloke) quick fit add on rigs for sale if your interested ,only used once due to illness so as new £240 posted RMSD
    Thank you both for the offers.

I'm not sure which way I'm going to end up going with this yet.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I'm sure I've seen the vhtv crew shooting with NV on springers, I'd be up for trying too on my 77. I reckon a well tuned sub 12 probably isn't slamming the kit about too much... The plastic mounts & rubber tube on a nitesight is bound to absorb some of it anyway and I'm sure they are designed for the likes of rimfie and centre fire anyway.
    I don't think there will be an issue mate.... Be a pain loading the pellets into an underlever in the dark though after being blinded by the screen!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.