Thread: Just gave away another of my favorite springers !

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Just gave away another of my favorite springers !

My son is showing interest in the sport of airgunning after I gave him a favorite of mine a over 20 year old 34 firebird, that was few months ago now and has made a safe indoor and a long outdoor range at his house, also he has a club nearby.
    He has liked my tuned TX for a long time so I gave it to him yesterday so he could join the nearby club.

Have I done the right thing giving away one of my favorite guns? at least it is still in the family LOL

I now have a excuse to go and get a Prosport to see how it compares with the TX

Anyone else given away guns and been pleased that they did

As much as he's your son thats a favourite rifle of yours,,
    Personally I would make sure he knows YOU still own it, he treats it with respect and returns it if he ever looses interest in shooting.

I only had 3 guns, I sold my Hatsan 60 because I never used it as I was always shooting my HW77k & my BSA Scorpion.
    Im glad that I did because somebody else will use it and its was too nice a rifle to just stay in a gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    My son is showing interest in the sport of airgunning after I gave him a favorite of mine a over 20 year old 34 firebird, that was few months ago now and has made a safe indoor and a long outdoor range at his house, also he has a club nearby.
    He has liked my tuned TX for a long time so I gave it to him yesterday so he could join the nearby club.

Have I done the right thing giving away one of my favorite guns? at least it is still in the family LOL

I now have a excuse to go and get a Prosport to see how it compares with the TX

Anyone else given away guns and been pleased that they did
    My Son showed an interest in shooting a few years ago and he seemed to have a natural ability...a very good natural ability.

Although at university for the past 3 years, he generally comes to the club with me on Sunday when he's back home - when he can get up after a 'heavy' Saturday night that is! - well I can remember being 21...42 years ago

He always uses my HW98 - one of my favourite and most accurate rifles - but its a sheer pleasure watching him hit the spot time after time. With such talent I want to give him the best experience possible in our sport.

I'm now after another HW98, so that he can keep my original, set up to his preference.

Cheers Steve

My boy is two so I have a while to wait. When he is a little older I'll have to buy a hw30 for him(myself). I've never been able to sell one never mind give one away! My plan is to trim it down from 13 guns to five...I'll probably end up with 18

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinker87 View Post
    My boy is two so I have a while to wait. When he is a little older I'll have to buy a hw30 for him(myself). I've never been able to sell one never mind give one away! My plan is to trim it down from 13 guns to five...I'll probably end up with 18
    You are a tight lot LOL. I gave a mk2 airsporter to a best friend because he liked my mk2 when we were kids and now have given two of my favorite guns to my son, I admit that I miss them but it is nice to pass them on to family

The PS is the only airgun that I would consider to replace the TX but the TX is a hard act to follow.