Thread: Reloading Kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I'd choose a hand press and dies over the lee loader, you can only neck size a case so many times.

Personally the lee anniversary kit would be a good shout for trying out one calibre - everything you need bar dies, you'll probably end up upgrading the scales but that's not the end of the world. I bought secondhand one for £100.00 posted, sold the scale for £15.00 and bought a secondhand set of RCBS 505s for £50.00 instead. I've loaded 1000's of rounds in various calibres over the last 4 years and the kit is still going strong.
    Yea thats what I was thinking dont know about the turret 4 hole press but was hoping someone giving up and get a full kit

Quote Originally Posted by blueheckle View Post
    Yea thats what I was thinking dont know about the turret 4 hole press but was hoping someone giving up and get a full kit
    You can get them for around £150 new so not silly money and cheaper than the alternative kits out there
    Thanks for looking

I'd go for the Lee breech lock kit same money as the annvesry kit but comes with a hand primer which I feel is better then loading on the press and comes with the speed trim the all you need is dies which are around £40

Think if i was going the 4 turret way I would prefer the the classic one

Quote Originally Posted by blueheckle View Post
    Think if i was going the 4 turret way I would prefer the the classic one
    I seriously wouldn't bother with a turret press. Unless your churning out hundreds of rounds you don't need it plus you'll be wanting to weigh each load to start off with.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I seriously wouldn't bother with a turret press. Unless your churning out hundreds of rounds you don't need it plus you'll be wanting to weigh each load to start off with.
    yea I have had second thought going with the classic cast breech lock single press tks

reloading

i bought a second hand Lee progressive 1000 press, its an older model with only 3 holes in it but i have 3 of the mounting plates, one is fitted with the decap/resize die (as i prefer to decap then polish) and the other 2 with .38 & 357 dies and powder measures, i bought a s/h lee classic cast to reload .308/7.62 again the only thing i bought new was the case trimmer.
    So far i think the Lee products are great for what they are, if you want to go down the precision reloading/shooting shooting then the sky's the limit.
    Good luck and as always just ask on here as the guys are great and helped me loads (no pun intended) when i first started.
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius11 View Post
    i bought a second hand Lee progressive 1000 press, its an older model with only 3 holes in it but i have 3 of the mounting plates, one is fitted with the decap/resize die (as i prefer to decap then polish) and the other 2 with .38 & 357 dies and powder measures, i bought a s/h lee classic cast to reload .308/7.62 again the only thing i bought new was the case trimmer.
    So far i think the Lee products are great for what they are, if you want to go down the precision reloading/shooting shooting then the sky's the limit.
    Good luck and as always just ask on here as the guys are great and helped me loads (no pun intended) when i first started.
    aquarius11
    thanks for the info its the lee classic cast bushing one iam thinking of getting