Thread: Walther LG30 - opinions

Walther LG30 - opinions

I had a look at at Walther LG30 at the weekend.

Seems a nice relatively light rifle, I liked the side lever cocking action and understand the lever can easily be changed to the other side as I'm left handed.

I'd like to try moving target and looks easy to mount a scope on too.

Doesn't seem to be much info online and read some old reviews and very mixed views.

Opinions please

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Lg30

It was an inherited design from Hammerli when Walther took them over, it was problematic, and they quickly dropped it and replaced it as their budget rifle with the Hammerli AR20, its best avoided.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Robin

Thought you'd have some info

I had a look at one at Bisley last Saturday. It handled nice and I liked the switchable side cocking lever, but also came across a number of online posts about reliability.

Will keep saving for my lg400!

or a LG300

I like the LG400, and both my wife and I have them, but don't ignore the LG300, if well set up its almost as good, and they are about cheaper.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I like the LG400, and both my wife and I have them, but don't ignore the LG300, if well set up its almost as good, and they are about cheaper.

Have Fun
    Robin

Just doing a search on LG300 and came across this thread...... and low and behold I have just put down Robins book for 5 minutes after reading it for the last hour.....

Very Good Read... btw

Norwich

Thanks Andy

And I hope you have also joined Norwich City Target Club, now arisen from the ashes like a phoenix, after a traumatic few years.

www.norwichcitytargetclub.co.uk

Have Fun
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Thanks Andy

And I hope you have also joined Norwich City Target Club, now arisen from the ashes like a phoenix, after a traumatic few years.

www.norwichcitytargetclub.co.uk

Have Fun
    Robin
    Thanks Robin.

I will have a look at the website later.

At the minute I am kept busy with my shooting up at North Walsham with Jeff and at the Bell Target club which I am very much enjoying.

Thanks again

Andy