Thread: AirArms Mistral .22

AirArms Mistral .22

What's the going price on a .22 AirArms Mistral. Blueing and stock in very good condition ,but has had a replacement stock pad[non AA]?

Photos would help but as all the actions are the same and its really the stock that denotes the model it really isn't a Mistral any more.
    The price would reflect and rely on what stock has been fitted and how well.
    If is an aftermarket stock by someone like custom stocks (apparently they still have the jigs) it could be one for the collectors but if a home conversion you can probably count out interest from a lot of the collectors.
    Johnj.
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

i think he means just the pad.

For a mint/near mint Mistral you would be looking around £300.

If yours has a few marks/dinks, and given it has the wrong butt pad, I reckon you would be looking at more in the region of £200.

It's one for a collector like myself and we ideally want full original spec and mint/near mint condition.

Oh yes, I didn't catch the pad bit

That was a very pointless reply!

So forgetting my mistake and without photos price wise £160 - £190 depending on actual condition and who is looking for one at the time.

Johnj.
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

The AA sidelevers are hard to price. Back in the day, the base models (like the Mistral) were priced at the same sort of level as HW35Es, 80s, and 77s. The luxury ones (Camargue and Khamsin) significantly above. Like £30-40 above, when £30-40 would buy you a high-quality Japanese scope.

But they do perform better than the more successful (in terms of sales) superficially similar Webley Viscount/Tracker (from the era when Webley named their rifles after chocolate confectionary ).

Anyway, I kind of go with the price ranges above.

I also think that for almost all high-end 80s/90s springers, £200 is a psychological cut-off point for many. Given how many excellent and/or interesting high-end 80s springers are available in VGC to Excellent condition from around £140, as soon as you ask £200 or more, you are narrowing the market.

It is a weird fact that people see £199 as significantly more than a quid cheaper than £200, perhaps because we read in English left to right.

This used to be explained, as a pricing strategy, in a cash economy, by the idea that making something cost £199 rather than £200 forced the retail cashier to open the till for change, reducing fraud.

But the pricing has prevailed for a decade and a half or more into the card/contactless era. If you watch TV, note all the crap ads for (mostly) crap furniture saying that their sofa/table/thing costs "499". And they never say "pounds", because pounds makes it (finite) money. Which discourages you from spending it, because it reminds you that your money is finite.

So, to cut this short. It is (sight unseen, depending a lot on whether the non-standard butt pad is a perfectly-fitted Pachmayr Decelerator or something cut badly from an old pair of wellies) probably worth up to £200. If you judge it is worth £200, you will sell it quicker and easier if you put it up for a bit less than £200.

Thanks for the replies guys. Regrettably it appears that I'm not 'cleared' to post attachments/Photos.
    The stock butt pad had to be replaced due to the rifle being stored on said pad for the best part of 20 years or thereabouts unused and had collapsed.
    A member at my local club has shown an interest in purchase, if that comes to nothing I'll post it up on this site and forward photos to interested parties.
    Thanks again.