Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P10 artemis shorty

P10 artemis shorty

Hi any advice on the about gun please. I've been offered one and only thing that's been confirmed is that it's accurate. It's quite new. Any think to look out for. Are they easy to work on if a problem should occur. ANY other advice would be great. Thanks.

Hae a look on bullpupmad forum plenty of info there

Unless your getting it at a good price, rather go for the P15, I found it better handling.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

What sort of price do they normally go for. Its about a month old. A genuine reason for the sale. I will look up the new prices later as a guide

I've owned one for a while now, bought off here as new. Very accurate and well made. Two gripes are the light coloured stock (which looks the same on the p15) the bolt position and it sometimes needs an extra tug to engage that runs the risk of double loading. I've stripped mine to polish hammer etc very easy and changed some of the very soft seals though it didn't leak. I think you can buy these for the 400 mark so at 200 to 250 you would be getting a good gun for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I've owned one for a while now, bought off here as new. Very accurate and well made. Two gripes are the light coloured stock (which looks the same on the p15) the bolt position and it sometimes needs an extra tug to engage that runs the risk of double loading. I've stripped mine to polish hammer etc very easy and changed some of the very soft seals though it didn't leak. I think you can buy these for the 400 mark so at 200 to 250 you would be getting a good gun for the money.
    Thanks for the info, MY Main concern is that they shoot ok , As said above with the price I suppose at the moment I got the chance to try one out at a discounted price rather than buying new and finding it don't suit me or I don't take to it , I suppose if it ain't my thing I could always pass it on , Did look at one of these a while back but didn't go any further with it, Thanks again for the reply,

Hi p10 £370 p15 £490 ish near me. all best Graham

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi p10 £370 p15 £490 ish near me. all best Graham
    Cheers buddy, I might just give it a try ,

There not light about 8.5 lbs without a scope , as been said the bolt can be a bit of a problem you have to pull it right back if you dont you end up with 2 pellets in the barrel. I fitted a single shot try on mine and found it to be a big improvement . I have the P10 and the P15 i find them very good.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    There not light about 8.5 lbs without a scope , as been said the bolt can be a bit of a problem you have to pull it right back if you dont you end up with 2 pellets in the barrel. I fitted a single shot try on mine and found it to be a big improvement . I have the P10 and the P15 i find them very good.
    Thanks for that, The weight is a bonus for me, Even tho I don't like heavy guns I do however shoot better with them,
    I have recently sold my collection of rapids and just kept the one, Wasn't going to buy another pcp as I got other that I don't get to use but this one has come along for Springer money so I'm taking a gamble, If I don't take to it I'll pass it on or swap it, Only going to try it as it's a bit different from the norm,

Thanks again for that , I should be picking the gun up about 4pm today, Was thinking long term to get stock dipped or possibly texture it and spray it black as the stocks do look a bit plain, At moment I'll keep as is with the gun being new in case I don't take to it, Was not going to buy another gun but for the money it's worth a try,

Hi lads just a quick one, I picked the gun up today and could not wait to get out with it and give it a try, From the start I was looking for all the negatives and as with the bolt you do have to give it that extra tug, Saying that I quite like the way the bolt sort of clicks back into place, You can really feel that it is docked back in properly, The magazine I found quite nice and easy to load and likes the way it docks into place, You do have to give the pellets a nudge in to seat properly into the mag but then you have to with quite a few other guns so not really a bad thing, Took all of about 6 or so shots to have the scopes set on target and was shooting approx 40 yards at very small objects, Will do paper targets soon and fine tune the sights, In all fairness approx 80 yards and two mil dots of the scope and I was happily hitting a coke can from a standing position, Its a heavy old thing but being a compact gun the weight easily disappears when you lift to shoot, Power wise, Through my skan it was doing 11.5 with at most a 7ft p/s varience and quite a few shots a only 2 ft p/s , Quite impressed to be honest, I was really half expecting a bucket of crap, The only thing I could point at was the quality of the housing on top of the block, Just looks to plastic but really that's all I could fault it on, Again the stock feels great but looks cheap, I think for about £70 if the stock was camo dipped it would transform the look quite a lot, In all I quite like this gun, Will update when I get more use but for me it's all good , Very good for the money. Oh one more thing , Not quite sure but the trigger seems awsum to me , Can't explain why really but it does really feel good to me,

I'm glad you are pleased with it. The stock is the worst part, though not in construction just the light shade, we see dark stain as quality, bit like brown bottled beer!! They are easy to strip which is a good thing. I've fitted a moderator adapter and sound absorbtion in the shroud, making it super quiet. My trigger is also very good, just wish the bolt engaged easier and I've tried everything. I single load jsb and have top accuracy. I'd like one in .177 and wish I'd got one from country ways when they were selling them cheap.

I'm glad you are pleased with it. The stock is the worst part, though not in construction just the light shade, we see dark stain as quality, bit like brown bottled beer!! They are easy to strip which is a good thing. I've fitted a moderator adapter and sound absorbtion in the shroud, making it super quiet. My trigger is also very good, just wish the bolt engaged easier and I've tried everything. I single load jsb and have top accuracy. I'd like one in .177 and wish I'd got one from country ways when they were selling them cheap.
    Yes bud I'm happy with it, Very happy so far. As with the stock I was thinking of using the textured stone effect spay at the front of stock where you hold with your hand and again around the pistol grip area and then spray all the stock with a Matt or satin spray, The gun came with a new carbon silencer fitted along with the adapter , It also come with the cylinder / shroud clamp and bi pod and also had the weaver type high raised mounts, Had a bag of seals and he's keys etc etc,
    I'm thinking the same really with regards to 177 or even .25 cal, For the second hand price I would be tempted to buy another,
    Just a question though, The screw at the end of the block just under the cocking bolt , Is that just for tension of the hammer spring, Just asking as although I can wind in or out the regulator seems to be keeping it bang on with hardly any difference ,
    I'm hoping to get out with it again later if this rain stops,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Yes bud I'm happy with it, Very happy so far. As with the stock I was thinking of using the textured stone effect spay at the front of stock where you hold with your hand and again around the pistol grip area and then spray all the stock with a Matt or satin spray, The gun came with a new carbon silencer fitted along with the adapter , It also come with the cylinder / shroud clamp and bi pod and also had the weaver type high raised mounts, Had a bag of seals and he's keys etc etc,
    I'm thinking the same really with regards to 177 or even .25 cal, For the second hand price I would be tempted to buy another,
    Just a question though, The screw at the end of the block just under the cocking bolt , Is that just for tension of the hammer spring, Just asking as although I can wind in or out the regulator seems to be keeping it bang on with hardly any difference ,
    I'm hoping to get out with it again later if this rain stops,
    Sounds interesting with your stock idea, I'm always a bit wary of refinishing unless it's tatty as it affects any future resale. Yes the rear screw is for hammer Spring adjustment, don't think Chinese have heard of anti tamper! I removed the hammer to polish as it was a bit rough and played around with the transfer ports and hammer springs to get an easier cocking but sub 12fpe.