Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P10 artemis shorty

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Sounds interesting with your stock idea, I'm always a bit wary of refinishing unless it's tatty as it affects any future resale. Yes the rear screw is for hammer Spring adjustment, don't think Chinese have heard of anti tamper! I removed the hammer to polish as it was a bit rough and played around with the transfer ports and hammer springs to get an easier cocking but sub 12fpe.
    Yes I did give it a turn in and out but hardly any difference except when it was to far out which dropped the power to below 2ft lbs, I'm assuming the reg is set to prevent it going over. But 40 plus yards and hitting small objects plus the 80 plus yards using the mil dots on coke cans was above my expectations. Better still I'm only half way down the green on the gage and have used nearly 60 shots, Been told to expect about 90 shots but the last owner thought it was around the 140 shots,
    I've done a hw97 stock and also a hw77 stock is in the middle of being done with the textured spray then coated over with satin spray, It has a lovely feel to it but as you pointed out the 97 and 77 stocks needed refurbing so if worse I could have removed any coatings I put on and re oiled etc , The stock on the p10 is in very nice condition so it's a gamble , With the price of these new and similar priced guns the second hand value would be around the £250 price range and really don't think it would lose much more by somebody trying to better the stock, If worse a camo dip to the stock would rectify any bad refurb,
    One thing with these p10 shorty is that there seems to be very little about second hand and over the last 2 days places advertising them for around the £300/£350 price range don't have them in stock , I have also found this with other makes is that they advertise gun prices knowing they ain't got them in stock and when they do get them the price rises.

Sounds interesting with your stock idea, I'm always a bit wary of refinishing unless it's tatty as it affects any future resale. Yes the rear screw is for hammer Spring adjustment, don't think Chinese have heard of anti tamper! I removed the hammer to polish as it was a bit rough and played around with the transfer ports and hammer springs to get an easier cocking but sub 12fpe.
    Only one more question which is about shot count, I filled mine to 190 bar and shot roughly 60/70 pellets, The needle on the gage was just under half way in the green section , At a guess I'm thinking another 20 or so good shots left which I would say in total about 80/90 , Been a but busy and with the weather we've had I ain't had much time to go back out with it but I've noticed comments regarding shot count and some say 90 some say as much as 130 shots, Any idea bud in 22 cal, Thanks.
    And also is 190 bar ok.

Just found a article in one of the air gun magazines and it states 96 full power shots on a 220 bar fill and a further 30 shots possible just under,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Only one more question which is about shot count, I filled mine to 190 bar and shot roughly 60/70 pellets, The needle on the gage was just under half way in the green section , At a guess I'm thinking another 20 or so good shots left which I would say in total about 80/90 , Been a but busy and with the weather we've had I ain't had much time to go back out with it but I've noticed comments regarding shot count and some say 90 some say as much as 130 shots, Any idea bud in 22 cal, Thanks.
    And also is 190 bar ok.
    I'd say I get near 100 shots from 190 bar, which is what I fill to. You would probably get nearer 120 at 200 bar, but I never fill any of my pcp's to that pressure. Id be interested in pictures of your finished stock if you decide to do it.

I'd say I get near 100 shots from 190 bar, which is what I fill to. You would probably get nearer 120 at 200 bar, but I never fill any of my pcp's to that pressure. Id be interested in pictures of your finished stock if you decide to do it.
    I'm going to do something with it , Either get it dipped or do I myself as I said, If I can work pictures out on here I will upload a 97 and 77 stock which if done,