Thread: Wonderful Summer Day Shooting and getting to know new arrivals.

Wonderful Summer Day Shooting and getting to know new arrivals.

It’s all green and growing and beautiful, waiting a while for this. Lined up my new arrivals and just had fun. Yesterday I drifted the back sight of my vintage Airsporter just a little to tighten up the sighting. All are fun rifles, the Diana’s sighting system and trigger, just about prevent a miss. Appreciate more the total package that is the MK2 Airsporter, just feels right, finished so nice, and now I am very accurate with some power there. The Crosman is totally cool but can’t really compete with the excellent quality and finish of these springers, at least that’s the way the wind is blowing today.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    I'm really happy to see that you're enjoying the MKll Airsporter, they really are lovely rifles, and yours appears to be in very nice condition.
    The iron sights on them are quite fine and really nice to use. My own example joined me in about 1978 and is one of my cherished guns which will stay with me into my dotage!
    What's the serial number on yours? Mine is GD22841, is yours anywhere near it?
    Being a British made rifle of that era in .22 calibre, it was designed for use with home grown 5.6mm rather than European 5.5mm ammunition (i.e. Webley GP, the original Eley Wasp or BSA Pylarm pellets). This larger diameter ammo usually gives a better feeling shot cycle and tighter grouping, although I've found that Superdomes perform quite well in mine if I'm wanting to preserve my stock of the older/larger pellets.
    All the very best, Clogger

Early Airsporters just have a thing about them, don't they?

I bet the D50 out shoots it (it should), but the BSA remains more appealing.

As a Royal Marine friend of mine put it, "we are part of the Navy, but we look like the Army, and are just ... More". Airsporters are like that. At least the Mk1 and2. There is something special about them. They are "More".

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    I'm really happy to see that you're enjoying the MKll Airsporter, they really are lovely rifles, and yours appears to be in very nice condition.
    The iron sights on them are quite fine and really nice to use. My own example joined me in about 1978 and is one of my cherished guns which will stay with me into my dotage!
    What's the serial number on yours? Mine is GD22841, is yours anywhere near it?
    Being a British made rifle of that era in .22 calibre, it was designed for use with home grown 5.6mm rather than European 5.5mm ammunition (i.e. Webley GP, the original Eley Wasp or BSA Pylarm pellets). This larger diameter ammo usually gives a better feeling shot cycle and tighter grouping, although I've found that Superdomes perform quite well in mine if I'm wanting to preserve my stock of the older/larger pellets.
    All the very best, Clogger
    Mine is GD18854, using Superdomes as well. These early models are just special rifles. Easy to cock and beautifully made and designed.

https://imgur.com/gallery/91PTQ