Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch 80k in .177

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    i had a hw97k and that come from Germany with polished barrel, so yes they were like that from factory, unfortunately i don't have any pictures of it when i had it
    that hw97k is called a blue laminate special edition,i think there was only 500 made,not cheap neither £500 bonny looking gun but at 500 notes id rather buy a pcp.

I owned a lovely HW80 venom vantage lazaglide in .22 and a nice older one in .20 in a tyrolean stock ….
    regretted selling them both ..

last year I picked up a new one in .177 and going to try my hardest to keep this one... its bog standard , twangs a bit but I love it ..in fact if I do my bit it is as accurate as any rifle

Sold my hw80,nice gun built like a tank but same weight as a tank aswell.another young lads gun.

Ive owned many 80's over the last 30years and never quite got on with them as much as I wanted to, strangely I've kept hold of two 90's that imo outshoot the 80 in every way.

Going back to earlish 80's i had a mk1 hw80. She was running at 18ftlb and was dropping rabbits at 60yards without any problems. The by gone days when you could get away with it. Back then we use to be able to walk down the road with our side by side 12bore barrel broken over your arm. Local copper would stop to have a chat and knew we were good lads just out pest controlling. Dam i wish we could rewind to that era again.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Going back to earlish 80's i had a mk1 hw80. She was running at 18ftlb and was dropping rabbits at 60yards without any problems. The by gone days when you could get away with it. Back then we use to be able to walk down the road with our side by side 12bore barrel broken over your arm. Local copper would stop to have a chat and knew we were good lads just out pest controlling. Dam i wish we could rewind to that era again.
    I remember those days back in 60's & 70's well......it seems like several life times ago.
    Outside of 'our circles' many people these days view us with ………………….! Fill in your own words that seem appropriate to your experiences.

Cheers Steve