Thread: Air Arms S410 TDR valuation needed.

Air Arms S410 TDR valuation needed.

A friend has asked me to value his TDR.
    Its a rifle I've no experience of and its of no interest to me as its .22.

So. Owned since new and had around 50 shots through it since new.
    4 mags, original silencer and supplied scope.
    Bottle with it but out of test. 02/18
    All mint condition and as new.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by robs5230; 03-06-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    B.A.S.C. member

How old is it? should have the date of manufacture, (DOM), marked on the air cylinder.
    Less is more

Quote Originally Posted by Shoto1 View Post
    How old is it? should have the date of manufacture, (DOM), marked on the air cylinder.
    Think he bought it with the bottle but will ask him now
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Think he bought it with the bottle but will ask him now

Thanks Rob.

I assume it has the original case?

These are still very popular rigs, especially with pest controllers / folk who need a level of discretion on certain permissions.

Given that AA are longer making them in this configuration, the secondhand prices should keep firm, even allowing for a general depression in used airgun prices recently.
    Less is more

Thanks Rob.

I assume it has the original case?

These are still very popular rigs, especially with pest controllers / folk who need a level of discretion on certain permissions.

Given that AA are longer making them in this configuration, the secondhand prices should keep firm, even allowing for a general depression in used airgun prices recently.
    Hi yes everything as originally supplied.
    Think its a 2009 model
    B.A.S.C. member

DOM is date of cylinder, not the rifle, if you want date of rifle speak to Sheila at A/A and give her the serial number. Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    DOM is date of cylinder, not the rifle, if you want date of rifle speak to Sheila at A/A and give her the serial number. Rog

That is correct - but, as the OP stated, the rifle has been owned from new and hardly used, (I don’t think it would have had a cylinder change), and so the DOM marking would accurately give it’s age.

We are only trying to help with a valuation figure.

Ps. Sheila at AA is very helpful.
    Last edited by Shoto1; 03-06-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Less is more

That is correct - but, as the OP stated, the rifle has been owned from new and hardly used, (I don’t think it would not have had a cylinder change), and so the DOM marking would accurately give it’s age.

We are only trying to help with a valuation figure.

Ps. Sheila at AA is very helpful.
    Don't want to get into anything here, but as stated, the DOM on the cylinder is exactly the date of manufacture of the cylinders, I have bought new ones with cylinders that were already two years old, sitting beside me is a 10 year old S410 which i rescued from a tackle shop, cylinder states feb 2017, there are quite a few old TDRs out there, great guns, and I reckon about £450 just the gun.Rog

£400/£500 the F model being the more sort after with the longer cylinder, As a guide,

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    Don't want to get into anything here, but as stated, the DOM on the cylinder is exactly the date of manufacture of the cylinders, I have bought new ones with cylinders that were already two years old, sitting beside me is a 10 year old S410 which i rescued from a tackle shop, cylinder states feb 2017, there are quite a few old TDRs out there, great guns, and I reckon about £450 just the gun.Rog
    That’s ok, no problem - we’re all trying to help the OP.

Given that it was bought from new, it’s unlikely AA would have fitted an air cylinder that much older from the main production of the rig.

It would in any case be good to know the exact date of manufacturing, (perhaps OP can get the serial number and contact AA tomorrow). - It would also be interesting to compare this date with DOM on the air cylinder. No real reason for this, except to highlight any difference there might be.

The reason for knowing how old the rifle is, is to see if it’s pre or post ‘anti tamper’ as this could influence the price folk are prepared to pay.
    If I recall AT was fitted after 2006? (I’m not 100% sure as I’m away at the moment and all my records are on my other computer).

All things being equal, I agree with your valuation of approx £450.00
    It’s possible that a slightly higher figure could be achieved for an exceptional example, with a higher grade walnut, (I’ve seen some nice ones), also the case would need to be in good nick too.

Just a few thoughts.
    Less is more

That’s ok, no problem - we’re all trying to help the OP.

Given that it was bought from new, it’s unlikely AA would have fitted an air cylinder that much older from the main production of the rig.

It would in any case be good to know the exact date of manufacturing, (perhaps OP can get the serial number and contact AA tomorrow). - It would also be interesting to compare this date with DOM on the air cylinder. No real reason for this, except to highlight any difference there might be.

The reason for knowing how old the rifle is, is to see if it’s pre or post ‘anti tamper’ as this could influence the price folk are prepared to pay.
    If I recall AT was fitted after 2006? (I’m not 100% sure as I’m away at the moment and all my records are on my other computer).

All things being equal, I agree with your valuation of approx £450.00
    It’s possible that a slightly higher figure could be achieved for an exceptional example, with a higher grade walnut, (I’ve seen some nice ones), also the case would need to be in good nick too.

Just a few thoughts.
    The market is poor and has been for a while, so be prepared for a lack of interest and or a lower price. That said it could be more sought after than more conventional models.

Ultimately it’s only worth what someone is prepared to pay.