Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch 80k in .177

Weihrauch 80k in .177

Its true or so it seems once a HW80k man always a HW80k man,Have had over a short number of years had all weihrauch models from the 35,s to a 100kt lost count of the number but had 16 at one time,sold them all bar a silver actioned 97k in a blue laminate stock which was leaving to my great grandson so he would start off right .then the s/g bug bit so all ok for a couple of years till a friend asked me to sell a HW80k for him,after a couple of days of just picking it up and using it HAD TO HAVE IT,so already fitted with its V Mach kit just needs a bit more fettling should be just fine.Love the 80k not to heavy not to light with a easy action and not snappy in love again what at my age should no better.Should have never sold my previous one
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Every man/woman should have an HW80 in their collection, I still have the first one I bought .22 with a little WTC on board, love it. Rog

I love my 80s (3 of them in .177, .20 and .22). I have sometimes thought of getting rid of my other rifles just be a complete 80s man.

From the moment I first picked up one in the local ironmongers as a boy I knew they were the perfect gun. Took me a while to get one though.

The worst thing I did was fit a VMach kit to my '80, I just couldn't get on with it. Recoil was very harsh and snappy. It broke at least one scope and would undo it's stock screws after 100 shots! Best thing I did was fit a TBT short stroke kit. It transformed the gun and is now a firm favourite in my collection

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I love a good beak barrel.

And the HW80 is a perfect break barrel IMOP.

I can't decide which I prefer.

The new 12 inch barrel with silencer or a HW 98 sleeved barrel on my 80's.

I would love a custom 12 inch shrouded barrel of some kind in the future.
    Master Debater

I really must get my two Venom tuned 80s from my dad's one day. Not used them in ages.

Love them and the .22 one was my trusty, dependable go-to hunting gun for many years.

The only one that I have used in recent times is my Lazaglided Kestock Predator bullpup, but it's hardly a standard 80.

A true classic amongst quality springers and yes, I agree, everyone should have one.

Even Pete!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    The worst thing I did was fit a VMach kit to my '80, I just couldn't get on with it. Recoil was very harsh and snappy. It broke at least one scope and would undo it's stock screws after 100 shots! Best thing I did was fit a TBT short stroke kit. It transformed the gun and is now a firm favourite in my collection
    my previous one was built from bits of the forum,evilbay or chambers .Cost more to build than a new one .It was fitted with a nice spring guide.top hat all from terry robb and a titan spring no preload at all and sat at 11.5 all day long.Only sold it as I had fallen for a winchester sx3 red performance which again I love so they can stay know in the safe together before her in doors notices anymore following me home
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

I have one in .22, fully tuned by Dave price (Wonky Donky) 12" barrel with a blued steel slim silencer with brass end cap, over sized brass safety and a rowan extra set back trigger, so glad i converted back to springers, since having the full tune this gun is stunning to shoot, was out last week round the farm yard and i lost count of all the corvids i shot. truly a lovely gun to hold and its a keeper.

Glad this thread came up, hadn't used my 80 for a while, so took it out yesterday evening, results are in the fridge, don't no why I don't use it more often. Rog

Had a .22 HW80k sold it with in 3 weeks of having it , worst HW gun I have had , much prefer my HW95k tuned by Dave Price ,even out of the box it was very good
    HW80 are more suited in fac which I have shot one , that one is running at 16 ft/lbs

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Had a .22 HW80k sold it with in 3 weeks of having it , worst HW gun I have had , much prefer my HW95k tuned by Dave Price ,even out of the box it was very good
    HW80 are more suited in fac which I have shot one , that one is running at 16 ft/lbs
    Around the 16ft/lbs the 80 is a cracking springer, FAC .25 it's awesome especially for pigeons. Tuned subs are also cracking guns!! I've owned and used one for 32 years, and just love em, feel good in use, reliable, bomb proof and a great vermin tool but i understand you either love and respect them or bloody hate em
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

these days most people buy them then get ride roughly 2 weeks later due to the fact they give you headaches with the amount of recoil. if you are a good shot you will be able to shoot anything and still hit the target down. its all up to you what you want and can shoot

Ive just sold hw80k was a class rifle but to heavy for my old arms :-( that hw97k silver with blue lilaminated stock is that custom or can you buy silver barrel/blue laminated stock hw97k ??

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Ive just sold hw80k was a class rifle but to heavy for my old arms :-( that hw97k silver with blue lilaminated stock is that custom or can you buy silver barrel/blue laminated stock hw97k ??
    i had a hw97k and that come from Germany with polished barrel, so yes they were like that from factory, unfortunately i don't have any pictures of it when i had it

For years I had never been without a hw80 but went more into pcp and sold or swapped my last one, Anyway back last year I picked up a lovely mk1 80 ,It just felt strange not having one in my collection,