Thread: Weihrauch 80k in .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weihrauch 80k in .177

Its true or so it seems once a HW80k man always a HW80k man,Have had over a short number of years had all weihrauch models from the 35,s to a 100kt lost count of the number but had 16 at one time,sold them all bar a silver actioned 97k in a blue laminate stock which was leaving to my great grandson so he would start off right .then the s/g bug bit so all ok for a couple of years till a friend asked me to sell a HW80k for him,after a couple of days of just picking it up and using it HAD TO HAVE IT,so already fitted with its V Mach kit just needs a bit more fettling should be just fine.Love the 80k not to heavy not to light with a easy action and not snappy in love again what at my age should no better.Should have never sold my previous one
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Every man/woman should have an HW80 in their collection, I still have the first one I bought .22 with a little WTC on board, love it. Rog

I love my 80s (3 of them in .177, .20 and .22). I have sometimes thought of getting rid of my other rifles just be a complete 80s man.

From the moment I first picked up one in the local ironmongers as a boy I knew they were the perfect gun. Took me a while to get one though.

The worst thing I did was fit a VMach kit to my '80, I just couldn't get on with it. Recoil was very harsh and snappy. It broke at least one scope and would undo it's stock screws after 100 shots! Best thing I did was fit a TBT short stroke kit. It transformed the gun and is now a firm favourite in my collection

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I love a good beak barrel.

And the HW80 is a perfect break barrel IMOP.

I can't decide which I prefer.

The new 12 inch barrel with silencer or a HW 98 sleeved barrel on my 80's.

I would love a custom 12 inch shrouded barrel of some kind in the future.
    Master Debater

I really must get my two Venom tuned 80s from my dad's one day. Not used them in ages.

Love them and the .22 one was my trusty, dependable go-to hunting gun for many years.

The only one that I have used in recent times is my Lazaglided Kestock Predator bullpup, but it's hardly a standard 80.

A true classic amongst quality springers and yes, I agree, everyone should have one.

Even Pete!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    The worst thing I did was fit a VMach kit to my '80, I just couldn't get on with it. Recoil was very harsh and snappy. It broke at least one scope and would undo it's stock screws after 100 shots! Best thing I did was fit a TBT short stroke kit. It transformed the gun and is now a firm favourite in my collection
    my previous one was built from bits of the forum,evilbay or chambers .Cost more to build than a new one .It was fitted with a nice spring guide.top hat all from terry robb and a titan spring no preload at all and sat at 11.5 all day long.Only sold it as I had fallen for a winchester sx3 red performance which again I love so they can stay know in the safe together before her in doors notices anymore following me home
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance