Thread: Ace in the hole Colt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice work.

I am not enthused by the "Ace in the Hole", with its hooky comp slots and fanning hammer.

Reminds me of that old Western show where the hero used a cut-down "pistol" Winchester 92, or the native American guy in "Predator" with a pump shotgun bolted to his M-16 (and a freak-off huge knife/machete/sword thing). Hollywood. Trying too hard.

I could get quite enthused by a proper Sheriff's or Storekeeper model. Ideally in nickel.

And, though they won't do it, a Bisley version, or an 1877 DA "Thunderer" would be nice (especially if the latter was more reliable than the original).

Or even an RIC Webley (they could make a Custer/Little Big Horn special for the cowboy lovers of "old yellowhair").

Each to his own. Here endeth my free advice to Umarex's marketing department. Which they'll ignore as usual. Probably rightly.

You can do mods to these revolvers. If I buy a Colt Custom Shop, I will reshape the hammer as I can re-black the zinc alloy. The comp slots will be filled by the front sight casting.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD