Thread: Long distance - Tec-Hro Rapid adjustable rear sight riser

Long distance - Tec-Hro Rapid adjustable rear sight riser

Afternoon folks, I’m looking to pick your brains …

I have a Walther LGM-2 that I use for shooting outdoors at steel knockdown and shoot-n-c targets between 50-125 yards. I know, its a long way for a 7.5 joule rifle, but you’d be surprised at just how capable these ‘10mtr indoor’ rifles can be. I’ve had 3 inches groups at 100 and can regularly get within 6 inches, it just depends on the wind. Though on windy days hold over can be anything up to 2 feet !!! and at 100 yards the pellet is dropping approx 8-10ft.

Now obviously there is a massive difference between the aim point for 50 and 125 yards with any airgun, let alone the LGM, so I’ve fitted a riser base under the rear sight (18mm) and have zero’d for 100 yards, and aim off for everything else (up or down).

What I would like to do is to get hold of a Tec-Hro Rapid riser for the rear sight, which I believe would enable me to quickly adjust the height of the whole rear site platform for all of the ranges I shoot at, which of course means I then aim straight at the target through the peep sights and only adjust for windage, but, they aint cheap (£170), so I wondered if anyone on here had used one before I take the plunge, and what peoples thoughts are as to whether this piece of kit would work for me?

Over to you guys.

Unless you have an adjustable cheekpiece, wouldn't it be easier to adjust at the foresight, so your head stays put? Would the foresight base adjust precisely enough?

You may need to raise both to get the space to adjust down at the front, but once that's done you can set the cheekpiece height and leave it.

You're a star, it never entered my head that I could raise and lower the front sight instead. Yes the cheek piece is adjustable, but as you'e pointed out would be better being left fixed.

I can permanently raise the rear sight as you suggest to accommodate any downward adjustment that might be required at the muzzle, and I guess I'll also save a bit of cash by only having to buy the adjustable riser for the front.

Nice one, thanks for the heads up on that, appreciated.

De nada.

I'm not sure how precise the adjustment is though. NRA TR adjustable foresights typically have 5MoA graduations. Unless the front is a continuous groove, some rearsight adjustment/aiming off would be needed.

Both the rear and front bases in the Tec-Hro Rapid kit have a continuous vertical slot, I think it's a total of 39mm adjustment and is marked up for 2.5mm increments, though there wouldn't be any reason why it couldn't have a bespoke range scale stuck to it to suit personal needs, so quite a lot really and probably more than I'll ever need. It appears to be the only bit of kit of its type which I'm surprised at.