Thread: got some old BSAs to service

got some old BSAs to service

Believe it or not one even has the original twin springs in it ! always these were square section but they are not , they are oval unfortunately on is broken so I need to replace it .
    I am thinking a 95 spring will do it (or is that too much considering the TP size
    also on one the piston head has come off and is at the bottom of the cylinder dont ask how but it still shoots although at very low power ( bounces off a cardboard box ) anyone got one out without damaging it ?
    I am thinking 90 Psi air line connected to the end of the barrel see if that moves it ( but open to Ideas )

Any suggestions regarding spring power or seal removal gratefully listened to

I've just retrieved a broken off/rotted seal from the bottom of a Standard using a cleaning rod pushed through from the muzzle end.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I've just retrieved a broken off/rotted seal from the bottom of a Standard using a cleaning rod pushed through from the muzzle end.
    yeah that was one idea I had I was gonna use a Brazing rod so as not to damage the rifling but I feel compressed air might move it will see today

A rod down the barrel normally gets the chamber cleared, I have never had to use air before but it will probably work. I get these in on a regular basis in various conditions. Remove the rust and cold blue with G96. If they are kept as collectables I keep the old flat section springs in and use a leather washer. If more performance is required I fit a good used round section spring and make a polyurethane washer.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

came out a charm at about 20 psi only problem is its knackered because the broken off screw head has split it anyone know where I can get one from ? )
    other thing all four had pellets and lead in the cylinder because the TP is the bore size I guess these guns are no good for shooting roosting Woodies

Bump for any Idea where to get the piston washer assembly !

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    DCL Dave makes up leather washers. Pm him
    Can you PM me his Contact Details mate Please ?
    Ah got it now Cheers
    Last edited by mallyally; 25-05-2018 at 11:14 AM.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    came out a charm at about 20 psi only problem is its knackered because the broken off screw head has split it anyone know where I can get one from ? )
    other thing all four had pellets and lead in the cylinder because the TP is the bore size I guess these guns are no good for shooting roosting Woodies
    Normally it's becuase in the past some wally has loaded it THEN cocked it I have found and the pellet has been sucked back, never had a pellet get into the chamber under it's own weight, especially if pellet probe used.

Knibbs also sells washer kits and Protek I recall

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Normally it's becuase in the past some wally has loaded it THEN cocked it I have found and the pellet has been sucked back, never had a pellet get into the chamber under it's own weight, especially if pellet probe used.

Knibbs also sells washer kits and Protek I recall

ATB, ED
    both chambers and knibbs say none in stock not tried protek but I will

Yes Protek have all the parts in stock Ordered and they will be here next week
    Cheers everyone

Yes Protek have all the parts in stock Ordered and they will be here next week
    Cheers everyone
    Don't forget to bring em to play with .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post

Don't forget to bring em to play with .
    Two are up and running Mate

Two are up and running Mate
    Alright hope you didn't buy too many guitars!

They were a treat Mally now for Mr twin Spring