Thread: TAC shotshells?

TAC shotshells?

Just as I woke up this morning I dreamt I was using brass tandem air cartridge 12G shotshells. Do such things exist? It also made me wonder if, since the ban on TAC pistols and rifles, if anyone has produced some TAC cartridges to fit .38/.357?
    I mean it's technically and probably quite easily done to make z kit for LBP revolver users, that comprised of a barrel liner and a few TAC shells.
    Why ? Some may ask?
    Why not!
    Donald

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Well S&P made ‘tac’ shells for the Galaxy & similar that were about the size of a 16bore cartridge.
    Gen 1 were plastic hulls and not so easy to fix then i think therI was gen2 ones that were metal and easier to repair.
    Not really enough energy in the tacs for shotgun type loads I dont think.
    Gun control means using both hands.

Shot shells

Well.....this is my bag...
    Airmunitions another of Mike Saxbys ventures made all sorts of cartridges for 'Law enforcement' training and among them were 12g cartridges 37mm and 40mm baton rounds also. The 12g fired bean bag shot and rubber BB while the Baton round fired a 'Jelly baton' at about 30/40 ftlb.
    There are others out there still makeing Aircartridges to replace 'live rounds' as training amunition but also specific Air cartridge rifles and pistols as HP airguns.
    So not such a silly question after all...

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Airmunitions another of Mike Saxbys ventures made all sorts of cartridges for 'Law enforcement' training and among them were 12g cartridges 37mm and 40mm baton rounds also. The 12g fired bean bag shot and rubber BB while the Baton round fired a 'Jelly baton' at about 30/40 ftlb.
    There are others out there still makeing Aircartridges to replace 'live rounds' as training amunition but also specific Air cartridge rifles and pistols as HP airguns.
    Interesting reading, I still have 24 TAC's boxed and unused in .22 I bought in readiness to buy the new rifle before the ban
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Interesting. So the "AC" in your user name means air cartridge?

Surprised they are still around. I'd have thought that Simunitions had cornered the training market.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Interesting. So the "AC" in your user name means air cartridge?

Surprised they are still around. I'd have thought that Simunitions had cornered the training market.
    There is still a reasonable following.....in some surprising places....although even Mike Saxby is now doing a primmer powered cartridge...
    And yes the AC is for aircartridge i still collect cartridges and have a vast array of spares for most makes along with brochures and info and have helped others internationaly sort out their collections

There is still a reasonable following.....in some surprising places....although even Mike Saxby is now doing a primmer powered cartridge...
    And yes the AC is for aircartridge i still collect cartridges and have a vast array of spares for most makes along with brochures and info and have helped others internationaly sort out their collections
    I may drop you a PM in the next few days, if that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I may drop you a PM in the next few days, if that's OK.
    Fine by me.....no probs