Thread: Archery Club

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    Point not missed, but I haven't explained myself properly, after the arrow arrived in my permission, a woman from the archery club turned up to collect it, seemingly oblivious of the legalitys of the situation a bit like the kid next door asking for his ball back, again, I'm sure if they could have located the arrow, and not been seen by anyone they would have, but unfortunately, they weren't that lucky, and that's probably the reason for my email being replied to, hope that explains it better. Rog
    Can I ask what it is you're expecting ?

As I said above the club are not going to accept blame/fault in case it comes back to bite them, I would have expected the individual to apologise when they came looking because that's good manners.

Also try as I might I cannot find anything that actually says it's illegal Airgun pellets are a specific offence but I know it doesn't apply to shotgun pellets for example but I can't find any reference to arrows.

Plus if the field where it landed is owned by the same person as the range then while it might have left the range area it hasn't actually left the "property" in which case the only person you could complain to would be the land owner who may or may not care (they might even be one of the archers)
    Last edited by angrybear; 24-05-2018 at 08:08 PM.