Thread: Skan crono

Skan crono

Hi i just picked up another old skan crono , Big older type does speed only, Anyway one of the led on the digital display seems to be not working, Hardy makes much different but just wondered if I could replace the whole led display. I've got another here exactly the same so if I balls it up then it's no problem, May even cut the 240v cable and try and mount some 9v batteries inside just t be a but more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi i just picked up another old skan crono , Big older type does speed only, Anyway one of the led on the digital display seems to be not working, Hardy makes much different but just wondered if I could replace the whole led display. I've got another here exactly the same so if I balls it up then it's no problem, May even cut the 240v cable and try and mount some 9v batteries inside just t be a but more convenient.
    its worth having a go as you said no harm done if something goes wrong. il be watching this space to hear the out come!
    atb

I have an old Skan, maybe it is the same? Just speed with the diodes clearly visible.
    One day I shot mine ... whoops!
    I ordered a newer model but out of devilment I went through Maplins lists and got some diodes I thought would do ... can't remember the spec now ... and soldered them in. If I remember correctly there is a row of 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom? Front and back? I was most surprised when I tested the chrono that it worked ...
    So ... worth a go but maybe someone else can tell you what type of diodes you need. Do I remember a code number on the diodes or the circuit board? Might be worth a look.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Why don't you give Skan a call and ask their advice?

I had a problem with my Skan....like an idiot I dropped it.

After a chat on the phone...returning it to them by post...it was back to me in a week.

Fantastic service.

Cheers Steve

Thanks everyone. I am going to give them a ring. Saves messing about. It's the best advice. Thanks