Thread: AA S200 high or medium mounts

AA S200 high or medium mounts

Hi

I’m using a 6-24 x 50 scope. Would I use high or medium mounts on a AA S200.

Thank you very much.

Robert
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Hi, has the scope got AO or sidewheel ?

Not sure (have 40mm AO), but also bear in mind if you are considering a ten shot conversion; medium mounts bring the scope very close to the conversion block - I used high mounts to provide clearance.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

mounts

try and keep the scope as low as you can seems to be a "general rule of thumb". also it depends on how it fits-feels with your head-cheek-eye position . you may need it low or high it's what's comfortable for you.. and as said above by Aimstraight, you have to be able to feed it

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    try and keep the scope as low as you can seems to be a "general rule of thumb". also it depends on how it fits-feels with your head-cheek-eye position . you may need it low or high it's what's comfortable for you..
    Listen to this guy ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by mackca3 View Post
    Hi

I’m using a 6-24 x 50 scope. Would I use high or medium mounts on a AA S200.

Thank you very much.

Robert
    I reckon 50mm will be high mounts, I have never felt the need to use a 50mm, might be better to use something with a smaller objective, and get a better cheek weld.Rog

Thanks all. Will test it out.
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

Just get a cheekpiece conversion done, then you can optimise your head position to suit the scope height.

https://i.imgur.com/f8YU8Di.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I have found mounts are dictated by how your face fits the stock and how you like to shoot .
    I have high cheek bones and a long neck but Like a head up shooting position as i can shoot much more consistantly in different positions rather than squishing my face into a gun because the mints are too low (or should that be fashionably low ).
    Allot of people need an adjustable butt pad on the s200 set at it's lowest setting to get into the right sight picture.
    The offical aa s200 adjustable butt pad goes lower than the bisley type and is often seen set that low.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    I have found mounts are dictated by how your face fits the stock and how you like to shoot .
    I have high cheek bones and a long neck but Like a head up shooting position as i can shoot much more consistantly in different positions rather than squishing my face into a gun because the mints are too low (or should that be fashionably low ).
    Allot of people need an adjustable butt pad on the s200 set at it's lowest setting to get into the right sight picture.
    The offical aa s200 adjustable butt pad goes lower than the bisley type and is often seen set that low.
    Likewise here, and having the Target stock have the adjustable cheek piece high and the butt pad low.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.