I have been an FT and HFT shooter for more years than I care to admit to. Before that I did a lot of hunting and before that I shot full bore, pistols and rifles.

I have owned a couple of springers over the years, an excellent TX200 back in the late 80's, if only I had realised how good it was. A Whiscombe, which was very enjoyable to shoot and very accurate and which I sold for a quarter of what they are now worth, and now I have an HW77 that has recently had the trigger tweeked and I am considering the prospect of doing some proper FT with a springer.

I have a good mechanical understanding of guns and machines in general, I rebuild regs and triggers and was for a long time an amateur engine builder / tuner working on custom and racing bikes and cars, I also used to set up chassis on racing cars for people.

I see a lot of threads on here about different springers, mainly TX200, HW77's / 97's and more recently Walther LGU's and I wonder what all the various piston / spring etc modifications actually do and what advantage they bring to a rifle.