Thread: GC2 Strip ?

GC2 Strip ?

Hi up all . anybody got strip details for a GC2 ? i have a MK 11 which as in all these early one is very hard to cock for the first ten or twenty shots . i have a defunct MK11 action with a MK111 bleed valve . so i need to strip both , to save my thumb from ruin ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

You know it can't be done with a lump hammer and a bolster chisel don't you?

Well it can, but getting it back together again afterwards is the hard bit, you usually need a bigger hammer.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Don't even think about it!
    Dave Welham of Air Masters 88 did one and will not attempt another. The break down isn,t that hard but the fiddling to put it together and function correctly is.
    Dave Brayfield at Staffordshire custom rifles did my servicing and at a good price(he loves them).
    Sports Match are good but expensive,however if you insist on fiddling with one and going inside I have a drawing I made of the section internals if you really want the aggro.
    The main problem is the balance of the bleed valve? and second cup spring resistance. Either too much or less movement will close the supply of air or leave chamber open to main reservoir. Less power or more!.There is a gauge to measure this I believe?
    PM me Holly if you want a copy of drawing, call Dave Welham or Dave Brayfield who I am sure will educate you to the niceties of John Fords design.
    HERX77
    And mine shoots really good save you asking .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    Don't even think about it!
    Dave Welham of Air Masters 88 did one and will not attempt another. The break down isn,t that hard but the fiddling to put it together and function correctly is.
    Dave Brayfield at Staffordshire custom rifles did my servicing and at a good price(he loves them).
    Sports Match are good but expensive,however if you insist on fiddling with one and going inside I have a drawing I made of the section internals if you really want the aggro.
    The main problem is the balance of the bleed valve? and second cup spring resistance. Either too much or less movement will close the supply of air or leave chamber open to main reservoir. Less power or more!.There is a gauge to measure this I believe?
    PM me Holly if you want a copy of drawing, call Dave Welham or Dave Brayfield who I am sure will educate you to the niceties of John Fords design.
    HERX77
    And mine shoots really good save you asking .
    Howdo Herx . i did try to PM you but your inbox is full up with the goverment demanding money ? . i don't know of course but i thought they came out in a lump so to speak . i don't want to go into the internals . just swap the bits . > cheers HOLLY

PS Uncle Neil , please take a long walk off a short pier .

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    call Dave Welham or Dave Brayfield who I am sure will educate you to the niceties of John Fords design.
    HERX77
    I thought Gerald Cardew designed the GC2 ?

Gc2

Sportsmatch no longer service gc2s they recommend Staffs Custom Rifles.

Gc2

Yes i know . but that is £150 or more . if it is just a part change inside . why waste a £150 ??? HOLLY

Holly - have a word with BlueBoy on STB. He’s a good mate of mine and knows these ‘greasers’ inside out.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

OK

OK will do ??? HOLLY

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblyb View Post
    Sportsmatch no longer service gc2s they recommend Staffs Custom Rifles.
    Really? Since when? That's a shame...

Gerald Cardew

that,s right he did

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    [QUOTE=gunstock;7503254]that,s right he did.
    They both had input to the concept and the finished product.John was a very tallented engineer and as a pair John and Gerald produced a fantastic rifle which is capable of showing the door to most modern designs.As I recollect it won the FT worlds around 2006ish, not bad for a gun that was 17 years old at that time.Using mine I managed 6th in the whfta championships.Few service them but those that do are the best.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Gc2

I think Stuart lane won the worlds with one i believe and terry almond with an old custom shop on top . he beat calps in a shoot off . at newbury . cliff church bought that rifle .

Right spoke to blue boy and he has given me a strip guide . the most important bit is undoing the very small allen headed bolt . someone on mine has not and scored the brass part . seals are ok though as far as i can see . if i really cannot get it back together . then i will stick it in a box and send it off to dave . nothing ventured nothing gained ??? HOLLY