Thread: Walther RM8 shot count.

Question Walther RM8 shot count.

Hello,
    I'm new to this site so best wishes to all.
    I have recently bought and used a Walther Rotex which is my first PCP. Like many, I scoured a vast number of reviews and actually preferred the design of the Gamo Coyote, but chose the Walther most especially for it's shot count. The majority of reviewers, with one or two dissenters, claim it as being a 'regulated' rifle, but this aside, can any one tell me why it has such a massive shot count in comparison to most other guns and which other rifles with a similar capacity reservoir are close to it ? Even high-end models that I cannot afford, do not seem to come anywhere near the Walther in a feature that seems both fundamental and a very likely sales clincher, especially at the lower end of the market.

Hi there i have the 0.22 version and get about 150 good shots. From the research i have done it is regulated all be it one form or another. I have had mine for about 2 years now and all i have done is cleaning the barrel and sorting out the trigger sears it now shoots a treat, unless you are a RAT they hate it. All the best Graham.

secretagentmole Guest
    It has a regulator which means each shot gets just enough air, no wastage, more shots, that with the ruddy gurt air bottle gives a high shot count.

cylinder

Thank you for the replies. Can I presume that, in this case, it is the cylinder capacity that determines shot count if the gun is regulated ? Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but the Walther seems to have few rivals in terms of shot count and I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't gone down this 'route'.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosported View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Can I presume that, in this case, it is the cylinder capacity that determines shot count if the gun is regulated ? Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but the Walther seems to have few rivals in terms of shot count and I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't gone down this 'route'.
    Yes, the smaller the bottle the less shots can be fired...

Quote Originally Posted by Prosported View Post
    It's both cylinder capacity & fill pressure, because more pressure means there is more volume of air inside the cylinder, (in very basic terms 1bar = 1 volume)
    But a higher fill pressure might require a stronger & as such heavier bottle, so another manufacturer might save a bit of weight by using a lower pressure cylinder with thinner walls.