Thread: Webley Tracker -two stage trigger

Webley Tracker -two stage trigger

I have just bought a rather good Webley Tracker deluxe which has a trigger problem.
    The gun is cocked but the 2 stage trigger wont release, there is no pellet in there, so I have added a felt wad to cushion the discharge when it happens.
    The only obvious thing so far is that the trigger adjuster is wound in quite a long way, so will try slackening that off, but if its stuck can the sears be tripped externally?
    There doesnt seem to be an issue with the safety, it moves back and forth, the trigger pulls all the way back but nothing happens. Ive tried pulling back on the side lever but no give there.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I have just bought a rather good Webley Tracker deluxe which has a trigger problem.
    The gun is cocked but the 2 stage trigger wont release, there is no pellet in there, so I have added a felt wad to cushion the discharge when it happens.
    The only obvious thing so far is that the trigger adjuster is wound in quite a long way, so will try slackening that off, but if its stuck can the sears be tripped externally?
    There doesnt seem to be an issue with the safety, it moves back and forth, the trigger pulls all the way back but nothing happens. Ive tried pulling back on the side lever but no give there.
    Hi. Have had at least half a dozen Trackers since they were release, in both .177 and .22, and in walnut and beech (also had a couple of the longer barrel Viscount derrivatives, too), and iirc, they never had a two stage trigger, just a single stage release, so maybe your trigger is working perfectly but the tension screw is wound in too far -- unless an after market 'Chambers' trigger unit has been fitted, in which case, contact Chambers? Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth, I wonder about that. This one has the pronounced curve, and the tensioning spring at the back of the blade looks like the one on John Knibbs and Chambers.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Hi Gareth, I wonder about that. This one has the pronounced curve, and the tensioning spring at the back of the blade looks like the one on John Knibbs and Chambers.
    Ahh-ha! Then if it has the after-market two-stage trigger unit fitted as I mooted, maybe the alloy release is over tensioned or over worn? These after market trigger assemblies are unknown territory to me though, so can't really help, here, any further, unfortunately, but am genuinely interessted in the outcome, so do please keep us, and this thread, posted (pun intended ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Try it out of the stock !

I fitted one of those chambers units once, I recall having to make a modification to make it work, I recall some stock inletting at the very least.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

First thanks to all contributions - especially grrr (Guy).
    Problem has been solved, although I dont want to say too much as will be subject to a future AGW article.
    Suffice to say it wasn't a two stage trigger, rather single stage with the newer curved blade, and the final problem involved a "Hox" spring.

I found my trigger to heavy so wound the grubscrew out. Still not as good as my khamsin but is much better. Try unwinding it pj.

First thanks to all contributions - especially grrr (Guy).
    Problem has been solved, although I dont want to say too much as will be subject to a future AGW article.
    Suffice to say it wasn't a two stage trigger, rather single stage with the newer curved blade, and the final problem involved a "Hox" spring.
    I have always believed that the 1985-onwards Vulcan Mk3/Tracker/etc curvy trigger, and the Chambers replacement, were false two-stage triggers.